Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Doing the happy dance.


My Dan is back from his holiday in Budapest, he has another week before he has to go to work so he is coming down here for a day or two. There is little I love more than seeing him with Seth, they have had a special bond from the day Seth was born, I shan't tell Seth Dan is coming but just soak in the joy when he sees his big brother.
Dan is being sworn in as a special constable next week, I know I will be shamelessly proud when I see him in his uniform. I am endlessly amazed that he is the way he is....he was always completely delicious when he was younger and was never any trouble but he was SO lazy, such a slob...now he is just so hard working, full time manager at the restaurant and now he will spend his days off working with the police force. When did he grow up?
Can't help but think, every time I look at him...... " I DID THAT!!" Clever, clever me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

How proud you must be of Dan - he sure has shown himself to be "all grown up" now!! Mature and responsible - Of course you can take credit for that - Good job mum!! Do try to get a picture of Seth when he sees Dan - The joy will be indescribable, except through pictures!

12:28 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

Clever Clever you is right! My goodness. I am proud of them both and they dont even know me (Although i feel like I know you all)
What a huge accomplishment!

4:40 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Proud you should be! That's such wonderful news, about his being a part of the police force. :o)

Heck, I'm proud and I'm only a few years older then him. LOL

(((hugs)))
Jes


PS...in case you didn't know...you have done a TREMENDOUS job with ALL of your children! Even the ones (one...Sophie lol) who seems to be the hardest. She'll come around. In a few years, she'll be married and have some hellion child, and she'll call you crying all the time "I'm so sorry Mum!" :o)

That's experience.

6:11 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh Helen, I hope my kids turn out that wonderful when they are all grown. :) He is a sure sign that all your children will do well. And that you have done well. :)

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home