Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Do you know what I saw?!?!?

You'll never guess because I'm still not over it myself!
Seth had an eye appt today ( still improving eye sight, no more stingy drops!!) because he was lat efor school we had to walk through to the office to get him in as the gates are locked. Along the little lane are 2 classrooms, sort of aside from the main school that are used for the brabd newbie kids in reception class. Seth was in one of these classrooms last year and I loved to look in and see him in his uniform working and playing and looking a bit tiny. My eyes were drawn in because these littlest of school people are just so darned cute and I love the smooshy kind of awwww feeling I get when I look at them.
" Oooh, " I though, there's Louise ( My Isaac's beloved nursery teacher) " wonder what she is doing in there"
Then I had one of those moments where your eyes see something but your brain doesn't quite take it in because it's not quite right, you know, when you see your doctor at the supermarket and your eyes see it but your brain tells you it isn't so because we all know doctors don't shop, eat or go to the toilet.
I saw my Isaac, in the big boy school, sitting at a table, as large as life PLAYING with the pop together constuction toys. My ISAAC in school, PLAYING! Not chewing his blanket, not huddled in a corner, not hiding behind Louise or Nicky. PLAYING!!!
My head shot back for a double take and I froze, I grinned, I almost wept.....I just stood and grinned and stood and watched and then glorious Mrs Lovely Teacher who was Seth's teacher last year, who is also the special needs co-ordinator for the school gave me a huge grin, a thumbs up and then the " get the hell out of here before he sees you" signal.
He did it, my boy, on his first introductory visit to school ( I just love the whole nursery deal that helps these little people transition from nursery to school so effortlessly) shone, he played with glittery water ( WATER!!! ) he laughed and when Louise had to go out for a moment she came back in to see my Isaac TALKING to the student nursery teacher.
They were bowled over, he astounded us all and we are all completely and utterly thrilled.
He will go to school one morning a week until Christmas, he will go to assemblies and music lessons at school and in January he will wear his uniform ( can you imagine the joy in his being told he gets to wear the same clothes every day 5 days a week until you he's 16?!? He thinks life won't get any better!)
He still didn't eat his snack and says he still won't do P.E because he is too ' fraid bout nat'

I can't begin to imagine why he found this whole new experience so safe, undaunting and exciting, I don't even care. He was happy, he had fun. What more can we ask?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

YAY YAY YAY!! I can't even Begin to describe the feelings of elation I have for you and Isaac!!! I bet you're so proud :)

~Lisa~

6:19 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is wonderful Helen! :)

I too have to stand to the side when Zachary is in gym class. He won't do the stuff if I'm looking in!

7:15 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh Helen - He is gorgeous!!! And what fabulous news! I LOVED hearing how well he is progressing! I have to say that Nursery school has been the absolute best thing for Matthew - I'm kicking myself for not putting Duncan in last year as he's having a difficult time adjusting to kindy this year. I'm sure your heart was leaping for joy at seeing Isaac talking and playing. Too funny about the same clothes for 16 years LOL - Sometimes I wish our schools had uniforms too - sadly only the pricey private ones do.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I got tears!!! WONDERFUL news!

5:26 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

I am covered in goosebumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home