Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I want that.

Do you ever have a flash of almost childlike want for something? You know when a little person almost implodes at the need for something, right there, right then, don't say no and don't make him wait?
I usually don't, today I did.
I popped into BZ ( this is for Claire) BZ is babyzone, a somewhat addictive message board for mums, dad's ( although in honesty dad's don't go there, they just reap the benefits of their wives going there, peace and quiet, advice , recipes.....) and people hoping to be mums and dads, anyway, I used to live, eat and breathe babyzone until it was spoiled for me and so now it is somewhere to go occassionally to catch up on those people that still go there and still have friendships and connections.
So, today I popped in when I had 10 minutes in between school runs, it is definately a case of fly in, pick a few randome posts to read and get out again, as opposed to the leisurely and enjoyable times I used to spend there forging friendships and 'meeting up'.
I chose a post to read by a talented woman who takes THE most amazing pictures, she is professional and the pictures she shares take your breath away. Today she admitted to the fact that her husband had always wanted some sexy shots of her and because she feels a bit insecure she thought she would try and take them herself...and she did. She shared these pictures with us and ....I know this is ridiculous, I actually cried! ( and I'm as hard as nails I can watch Little house on the prairie and not so much as blink hard)
She took such flattering and tasteful pictures, she looked beautiful and sexy and just outright perfect and just for that moment, as I sat in my stretchy old comfy clothes, covering un flattering big knickers and faithful bra, I longed for a body that would look like that. If I wore teeny knickers and stretched my arms above my head, oh Lord.......let's not even imagine it!
I have almost no pictures of me , not with H, not with any of my children and just for a moment or two I so wanted to feel sexy, feel I could look that good and feel that powerful.
I wanted to stamp my feet and say " I WANT that....I NEED that!"
I got over it because, well, what's the point, if I lost 80lbs and exercised for a year I would still have a belly that flaps in the wind, never mind your ears mate, my belly hangs low and it definately wobbles to and fro.
I like to try and think of my belly as premises my children have all lived in, once a house has been lived in and had occupiers, lets face it, it's never brand new again, every occupant leaves it's mark, my belly has had 8 occupants, only 6 ever stayed long enough to show me their faces and leave their stamp on my belly ( although all 8 have left their stamp on my heart and I am sure I know all their faces and will recognise those ones I didn't see in this life)
If I were to take a break from waxing lyrical for a moment, I would also admit to the fact that the crap I eat and that I don't exercise in a leotard and sweatband kind of way, have left much more of a stamp than the 6 babies but I like waxing lyrical so leave me alone!
I like it that I can talk and gain an audience and also love the fact that unless I go as nutty as a fruitcake I shall still be able to do that when I am old and interesting, not many old ladies can wear a thong and get their picture taken and still look glamorous can they?
I am aware that I have many attractive qualities and on a normal day am quite satisfied with that, it was just today that I quite fancied being a sexpot. Oh well........can't have it all I suppose can we?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh she did look lovely didn't she? I was thinking along the same lines......I so want a tummy like that - As I sit here in my lingerie, trying to emulate that feeling of "I'm a hot little mama".

12:50 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Yes, she looked lovely.

I'd rather have my belly and my 4 kids than have a flat belly though. :) Mine will never be like that ever again. Even if I had stopped at two. That 10 pounder stretched me so bad!

1:55 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. I simply MUST go and see.

3:06 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Isn't she lovely??? Thing is, having met her in person a few times, I can tell she's just as sexy and beautiful fully dressed too!

Course she works VERY hard to stay that way and kudos to her for succeeding so well!

I'm so sorry to hear that Babyzone has soured for you :( guess it expires for all of us sooner or later...

Hugs

Julie

4:53 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I'm with Julie. My 9 pounder made it rather impossible to ever dream of a tummy so crisp and clean such as R's. And the following two babies didnt help matters much either.

Hmm...is there a way to make a moo-moo sexy do you suppose? What about sweats??

I think you're beautiful Helen. Teeny underwear or not! :)

~Lisa~

2:16 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

Thanks for the explanation of BZ, Helen. I must admit to my bottom growing ever larger now that I sit in a chair at work all day, instead of walking around more like I used to do.
Even exercising a bit hasn't helped shrink it--I doubt I will ever be posting racy pictures of myself online. Don't want to scare people, you know?

2:56 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Okay I went and looked, yes she looks GREAT!

6:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home