Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Let's chill.....

It is a poorly guarded secret that I don't sleep well, in fact with twitchy legs, racing thoughts and feeling hot ( and no I am NOT going through the change, I am simply one hot mama ) it seems I am doomed to snatch a feeble 4 hours sleep a night and wake up with a miserable head ache and less that cheery disposition. My days are filled with a longing to crawl back into bed and sleep a good sleep.
I am a pillow thumper, I endlessly search for the cool spot on my pillow and when I find it I sigh in simple ecstacy until it's hot and miserable again.
Oh I hope my torment is at an end.....have I found my heaven? I have bought myself what would appear to be the very answer to my every prayer ( well sleep centred prayers anyway.) I am tod it is the migraine sufferers dream, I am assured that hot mamas ( and papas) will bless the very name of the chillow .
It arrived today and I keep sneaking into my room to lay my head down and darn me if it isn't actually TRUE the thing is COOL, really COOL, how does that work? My pillow is going to stay cool all the time, it doesn't go in the frige it just is COOL! H has been at mum and dad's today, they are away and he is laying flooring in their loft as a suprise for when they get back , it is a fabulous christmas gift as they are almost impossible to buy for and this is something they long to be finished ) anyway....he is aching and his neck is throbbing, he lay down on my chillow and could feel it working. Marvellous but let me tell you a dark fact about me, I will give you my last penny, I would lay down my life for my family but don't try, don't even ask to use my pillow, my pillows are the only thing that I am this selfish about, ( unless I have a bar of galaxy chocolateImage hosted by Photobucket.com and then I'll pretty much fight you tooth and nail for the last bit) no matter how much I adore you, you won't get my pillow. Ever. I have a sneaking suspicion that my chillow might become close to a worshipped and guarded with my life inanimate object, much as I like to say that I don't worship inanimate objects.
I am almost excited to go to bed and start my relationship with my chillow, of course there is that hint of reservation, because any woman will tell you when they are about to go to bed with a new bed fellow when the expectations are high, well the disappointment can be great.........tomorrow I shall let you know how Chillow served me, will I be all smiles and tension free, full of sniggering inuendos and smug grins? Oh I hope so, I hope I don't have to scuttle in and pretend I was thrilled and chilled beyond all description whilst muttering under my breath about the overblown sell I was fed.
Blimey, my life is SO full of wonder lately I need that chillow to cool me down and chill me out!

4 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

I've never heard of that! Too cool. I love that feeling of sliding into crisp, cool sheets. I bet the chillow would be positively LOVELY!

I'll keep it all crossed that you get the sleep you crave, and deserve.

Sweet dreams!
~Lisa~

2:52 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

oooh so tell us you experience with the Chillow.
I'm always looking for new and unique Christmas gifts for the inlaws that have everything......
Hope you enjoy!

2:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how that works, I have a very hot head too, I always wake up with sweaty hair (gross I know)...I keep a small fan on me year round...which drives Rich insane...

5:27 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sooo??? how was it??? it's PERFECT for Gunther...

Hugs

Julie

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home