Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Come on in......









It's not quite done and I'll be darned if I could get the pictures to make it look as cosy and glorious as it looks to me......it's my front room, my matching and comfy and tidy front room.
I think what makes it most fantastic, to me, is that apart from the curtains, everything is either from E.bay, car boot sales or the reclaimation yard...the sofas were actually in someones shed and they were about to have them taken away ... one man's trash is definately my treasure!
I bought the huge coffee table when Dan was a year old, we lived in Germany and I loved it, a neighbour was moving back to the UK and didn't want to take it. It has been climbed on, jumped off, eaten from, drawn on and loved in more homes than it should have been dragged into , mum loved it for me while I was in the states and now it's being climbed on and jumped off again by the new batch of bouncing boys!
Having said that the littlest heathens are actually very respectful of this room, we have a sticker chart in operation and they NEEEEEEEEED stickers, they love them and dream of them and the worst thing in the world is to get no sticker but a frowning face.....no jumping means a shiny happy face sticker. Toys away means a 'fantastic' or 'superb' sticker..... 8 days and we have had only one frowning face ( Isaac) and no time outs, hardly any yelling and as helpful little boys as you could ever hope to meet.
Today Isaac brought 3 toys into the front room, right after they had tidied up their toys, Seth said " Right Isaac, play with those properly, don't just dump them on the table and go and get more and put them away when you've finished."
Yippedy doo dah!

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I have to steal your word and tell you how simply GLORIOUS your room is!!! Wonderful job ... I know you'll enjoy many a peaceful session on that couch simply breathing in the vibes of that room.

Hugs

Julie

1:37 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

ahhhhhh the serenity is oozing out of the pictures and into my chaotic little brain - that's nice. So comfy, and cozy. Like I didn't want to visit you before, now I shall dream of sitting in your perfect cozy parlour, as our 6 little boys, 5 and under play quietly and properly, and we drink tea and dole out stickers on a continuous basis. The very thought gives me little butterflies in my tummy..... :)
PS - for us it's marbles, instead of stickers, but same idea ;) so funny how "helpful" they become when they want something....

2:13 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMBO - I show the picture to Matthew (yes he's still up) and what does he say?
"Oh look, A FAN" - I didn't even notice it, but there it is in the first picture. Well, now you've made an absolutely perfect room that will keep Matthew happy all day long! ;)

2:15 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

OMG Can i come over and hang witrh YOU Helen?!?!?! Your room looks absolutely wonderful and inviting! I love it!

2:17 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Party at Heleeeeeeeeeeeeeen's!
:o)

-Jes

5:26 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It looks very cozy Helen. :)

10:54 am  
Blogger Mitch said...

Looks nice and comfy.

So all it takes are stickers, I'm heading to the dollar store this afternoon. Gonna give that a try in the Happy household.

Have a great weekend!

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home