Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

All's well that ends well...

Hideous day. Just horrible. Until I put the boy to bed.
"Night night my Eli"
"Nigh nigh mummy. Mummy? Froke. Wight dare" ( points to forehead) "and wight dare" ( points to eyes)
Mummy strokes.
"mummy, tiss ear...here"
Mummy kisses ear...there.
"Oh mummy, ats nice"

When you say "Eli, where's my squeeze?" he points over your shoulder and says "here...want have it?"
We say "yes I want to have it" and he puts those little arms round and squeezes. How can any day be hideous after that?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

it can't. That boy is sunshine in the middle of a storm!
Lucky you, hope tomorrow is better :)

heh - my word verification is "tcucki" - does that describe your day?

4:50 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

So sweet, These are the moments.

5:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the warm feeling deep inside that everyone needs. Good boy Eli!

Deb

8:32 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I love good night hugs and kisses. I know they are just trying to stay up later, but hey, it's when my youngest is his snuggliest. (is that a word?)

I hope you are having a good day today Helen. :)

11:08 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Aww...aren't those just the greatest moments ever? I asked my son what his best part of the day was the other day and his reply?

"seeing you, mommy"

After a hard day at work, nothing is sweeter!

3:48 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

He's such a perfect little man. LOVE that "Where's my squeeze" thing :) Gonna have to remember that.

~Lisa~

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home