Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, November 04, 2005

It's always such a joy.....

When others somehow make you feel you have an abundance of intelligence just by opening their mouths!
We have a system whereby we can avoid utility bills, a key for Electricity and a card for gas, I love it, just charge them up and plug them in and you're all juiced and ready to rock and roll, bathed in light and warm and toasty. Never a bill to be seen and no worries.
I love it, except when I forget to charge the damn things and just at the worst moment I hear the PEEP PEEP " plug the key in lady or you're going to be in pitch black darkness in about 10 minutes "( because it never peep peeps at a nice sociable hour only ever when it's dark, raining and inconvenient). Normally it's alright, as the clever key and card have an emergency amount on them so you can use that and wait to pop out and recharge and all is well. Sometimes though, I use the emergency and tell myself I have plenty of time to recharge, and so tonight, after a day of run, run, chase my tail and run, dragging shopping and kids and you name it up the steps and in the house, I had my comfy don't let anyone see me clothes on and my lovely new slippers with sheep on
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
( actually , another quick tale, I said to H " I love these slippers, they are so squishy and warm I almost want to make you try them on so you can share in the heaven" Without so much as a blink he replied " and I might just DO that in the privacy and intimacy of our bedroom" Hmm, maybe you had to be there, doesn't seem so funny in print but I had a mouthful of orange juice that I managed to snort out my nose it was so hysterical at the time!!) I was mid putting Eli to bed, trying to calm the painfully loud Seth and Isaac and heard that dreaded sound.
Anyway I was darned if I was getting changed or even putting shoes on so I asked Sophie to come with me and she could jump out the car, in clothes and shoes...and charge the key.
Sophie " Ugh , there's no hot water either...does the gas need electricity to work? " ( ?!?!?)
" what?!?"
"well, does the gas need electricity to make hot water? Shall I check the electric meter and see if it has already run out?"
If I hadn't been in such a bad mood I would have had such fun with her but all I could muster, after staring at her for what felt like 3 hours with my mouth all sort of gormless and agog looking was...
"Sophie.....THE BLOODY LIGHTS ARE ON! But qiuck, check the meter anyway, maybe we're experiencing a miracle!!"
I enjoyed my feelings of superior brain power all the way to the Co-op, in my slippers and all the way home again, in my comfy sports trousers that have never been anywhere near anything the least bit sporty but would still be fabulously comfy if they were ever to be put to the test, right up until I had plugged the key in and discovered that I hadn't used the emergency at all and could have waited until tomorrow to recharge it. DUH!
Oh and we had plenty of credit on the gas too...blimey Sophie takes after her dad, I KNOW she doesn't get it from me!
And for a warm and fuzzy moment, click HERE

4 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

Love the slippers, you hubbt cracks me up!
Im not sure about that electric key? Our worlds seem so different at times, but i love hearing about yours!

3:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

The slippers are adorable. And it is funny that H wanted to try them on. ;)

Better safe than sorry on the electricity. :) It's cold and dark without it.

4:01 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

How I'd love to avoid those utility bills - sounds like a good system. Love your cozy slippers. That Sophie will drive you round the bend and back, but rest assured, that mum DOES know best - it's good to feel clever - especially around a 16 yr old who thinks they know all. H is a riot. I suspect he's got a whacky sense of humour best appreciated by those with similar sense of humour. I find you both hysterical. ;)

4:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a chuckle out of picturing your hubby wearing the sheep slippers…kinda like seeing my big guy run around in the pooh bear slippers I have….

The whole key thing sounds confusing…I know I would screw that up…I do good log in to our bills online and pay them once a month!

Love your slide show…I’ve got to get off my butt and do something like that for the relatives….your boys really are so beautiful!

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home