Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

One of life's moments.

In MacDonald's today I had one of the moments that come along too rarely. One of those moments that make you remember that life is a hoot and worth getting up for and that people are just great ( mostly).
Saturday lunch time and we were on route to skulk around the outside a fabulous huge town house that has come up for rent and is a mere £25 a month more than this sweet little sardine can we are presently living in. Right in the middle of town where H can simply walk out of the front door and be in the midst of all things busy, walking distance from school, toddler groups and everything we could ever need . All this and LOADS OF ROOM, thick old walls that will soak up noise from rowdy teenagers and hurtling little ones. We have an appt to view on tuesday but wanted to skulk and imagine and dream a bit before the official stuff begins. Heaven, but I digress.
So, rather than go home we drove to Maccy D's which was heaving and the drive through was so long I could have whisked up my own fries quicker than waiting, so I parked and went in.
Not too bad inside but bad enough to have time to stand back and people watch a while.
Whilst waiting for my order ( 2 kids meals, filet of fish and a cheeseburger, not all for me of course or unfortuanately which ever way we choose to look at it) I watched a somewhat scary lady go up to order, the judgemental and lower class part of me decided that she was a lesbian, spikey, short hair, tattoo of girl's name on forearm,( though could have been her own name of course) at least 5 hoop ear-rings in left ear - I couldn't see the right one, several pieces of metal through eyebrow and attired in a football shirt and jeans. Quite a formidable sight all in all. Oh and she wasn't skinny.
She went up to order ( right in front of me) and said
" 2 cheeseburgers, large fries and coke, please" then she turned to the lady next to her and said with a sigh " Oh if people only knew just how hard I have to work in order to keep this figure" and swept her hand from her head to her thighs.... then " Better make me a strawberry milk shake too"
I think a part of me fell in love with her spirit, right there and then, some people are just a gift to be near.

I just got these quotes in an e.mail...some of them are justfabulous.

GREAT QUOTES BY GREAT LADIES

Inside every older lady is a younger lady -- wondering what the hell happened.-Cora Harvey Armstrong-
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. -Helen Hayes (at 73)-
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows. -Janette Barber-
Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse. -Lily Tomlin-
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car. -Carrie Snow
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends. -Laurie Kuslansky-
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. -Erma Bombeck-
Old age ain't no place for sissies. -Bette Davis-
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't. -Rhonda Hansome- The phrase "working mother" is redundant. -Jane Sellman-
Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-
Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. -Charlotte Whitton-
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. -Caryn Leschen-
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once. -Jennifer Unlimited-
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-
When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called ME slow! -Kathy Buckley-
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb -- and I'm also not blonde. -Dolly Parton-
If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them. -Sue Grafton-
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on. -Roseanne Barr-
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.. -Elayne Boosler-
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. -Maryon Pearson-
In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman. -Margaret Thatcher-
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career. -Gloria Steinem-
I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa Gabor- Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt-

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

LMBO!! Well if that aint that comment to beat all!!
I shall have to steal it some time. Yes, it is darn hard to keep this pooch of mine still poochy. I must eat at least 6 Hershey kisses a day. absolute torture, but that is the price I pay to maintain my mummy lap of comfort. The kids would be disappointed if I wasn't soft and squshy now. Where would Joey snuggle into?
Hmmm cheeseburger and a rootbeer sounds good right now......

3:41 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Priceless!!! I love HER!!!! Do you think she might still be single?

Hugs

Julie

1:56 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Yummy McDonalds. I'm probably the only adult I know that actually prefers McDonalds to some other restaurants. :) I am terrible, but I just love the fries!

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home