Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The thankful list.....

Which won't have even half of the things I am thankful for...how great is that ? To be aware that there is no way to list everything you are grateful for? I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful for spell check otherwise you'd be reading a list of things I am garteful for.

I am thankful to be a mother of 6 children....my treasure and joy.

I am thankful for parents who have lived a life that I can be in awe of, for growing up knowing I am loved and even now I am grown up, still know I am loved. Who taught me what true riches are.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I am thankful for friends who love me, even when they know me.

I am thankful, that through babies eyes I can remember that snow is exciting, not a nuisance.

I am thankful for 10 years of being a single parent so that these years of being married to a man who loves his children and who shows he loves me, are extra special and not taken for granted.

I am thankful for a roof over our heads, the ability to feed, love, nurture and protect my children.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am thankful for the national health service and peace of mind, even in times of sickness and worry.

I am thankful for little boys who sing grown up songs in tiny voices and big girls who teach tiny boys cute songs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and how to dance without reservations.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am thankful for words not pronounced properly.

I am thankful to be free to worship and speak what is in my heart, unhindered.

I am thankful for much and grateful to be aware that I have much to be thankful for. I hope I can remember more often, that the list is so long I can't finish it.

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

And I think we can all agree that we are thankful for YOU Helen :)

~Lisa~

P.s. What song is Sophie teaching the boys??

2:43 am  
Blogger The other me said...

It's Alvin and the chipmonks...I'm so lonely.....I am going to have to video Eli singing it ! "lo-lee, I so lo-lee, I hab no bo-deee forhu my own" it is SOOOOO sweet!
And Lisa..thankyou darlin!

6:41 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

cute pics of Sophie and the wee boys. How funny, and yes how thankful we are. I am thankful for so much, including my internet friends, who brighten my days, and make me laugh, cry, and feel alive!

2:20 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

I love it!!!!!!!! OH brough tears to my eyes. Im thankful to know you Helen, even though its through the computer!

3:58 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Very thankful for YOU.. and very thankful for this medium for allowing me to truly get to know you... I appreciate you more than you could know....

Hugs

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home