Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Normal service about to be resumed...but not today!

I've been hopeless at updating this week, the flu thing hit hard but hooray! the corner is turned and I can feel that the poorlies are leaving...what a relief.
It's been a week for learning and thinking too and I hope that in a day or two I will have my thoughts straight enough to write them down.
We're having thanksgiving in England this week...H has been homesick and it just seemed a great idea to throw ourselves into something happy ..... I am going to try and make it all as authentic as possible, pumpkin pies cooked and frozen ( from scratch too, thanks to Jennifer and her great recipe!) green bean casserole and sweet potatoes with our turkey...all this on a thursday, almost a shame that the boys have school as normal. I even found Oscar Meyer bacon at the store today....maybe H will feel at home a bit on thursday.
So, flu be gone and hopefully back to normal tomorrow. Yippeee!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your blog update rate... I haven't had the flu, or any other [physical] health problem (though I've had a lot else!), and my blog has no entries posted for this entire month so far. Your weblog is good, and I hope you feel better soon.

1:32 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Aw Helen that is so sweet! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and H! :)

So happy to hear you are feeling better.

2:33 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

I've missed you. So glad that the house of ills has almost recovered. Have a wonderful turkey day - I think that's so sweet of you to do for H. Just might make it a yearly tradition eh?

4:01 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

What a wonderful wife and mummy you are to be giving your family a Thanksgiving. I agree with Jenn...make it a tradition :)

HUGS! Can't wait for you to get back to blogging.

~Lisa~

2:50 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Enjoy the turkey and the trimmings but come back soon k? I'm having withdrawals!

Hugs

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home