Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, December 03, 2005

A horror story..and something really fluffy.

Yargh........you know those times when you experience something so hideous, so horrible and stomach churning that your legs crawl and you find yourself singing a hitherto unknown doo doo dooooooo song whilst jigging about hysterically? I had that today.....
Jordan has been sick, coughing and spluttering but otherwise quite cheerful and well. No worries then. Today he said he was really sick and just wanted to sleep and not go to work...maybe I will worry, he doesn't do sick and he always goes to work.
Our playroom / laundry room is a nightmare, it is damp and mouldy and last year I didn't like it but we muddled through and scrubbed and did what we could and complained to the agents. We waited...and we waited, scrubbed and waited. 3 months and some builders came and knocked several holes in the walls. And left.
Tum te tum, twiddle my thumbs.....complain and ask and plead for the work to be finished, 3 more months, vents cover holes, paint walls ( which took a WEEK to dry the walls are so damp) and they left.
Beautiful summer, clean walls. Summer ends and almost overnight.......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No kidding this took 2 days to get like this, I e.mailed the pictures to the agents who got right back to me and promised immediate action. 2 weeks ago.
So, back to Jordan. this morning I went into his room and EWWWWW I honestly heaved, the smell was horrendous. Dirty bugger said I, clean this room. Hmmmm, thing is it IS clean and he is clean and so what IS it? He has been leaving his window open and when he gets home from work at midnight it is FREEZING in there, so this evening I went to close the window. Worse smell, hideous smell, stench actually. Can't stand it, must find it, must remove smell. I moved his bed..........wanna see what I found? Are you sure?????

well, I found this......
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and this......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and a sock that was so wet it was dripping......I am so horrified because if H hadn't found the glorious new house we would feel so stuck in this horrible lung rotting place.
I am singing the praises of whatever made H walk down that road that day, I am sure it wasn't an accident.
I hate dirty things I really do. I am freakety freaked about this and have scrubbed and washed and rescrubbed, I have put a lovely smelly candle that makes his room smell like apples and cinnamon, I have stripped the bedding and put lovely fresh stuff on. And I am scratching and itching and wishing I could run to the new house with it's clean walls and no mould.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW. EW. ew. ew.

Oh and the best bit? I got a letter today from the agents acknowledging our notice to leave saying they have been trying to contact us to arrange a time to come and assess what needs doing..how? Not on the house phone, mobile or e.mail..perhaps someone shot the pigeon, nothing's safe these days.
They are wondering when they can come and check out the problem and fix it. NOW they ask, after all this time......
Ooooooh couldn't you just swear sometimes? I shan't though, I shall think of my new house and breathe deeply ( trying at the same time to actually not breathe too deeply in case I breathe in poisonous spores and die.)
And the something really fluffy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can you stand it? Can you?...can you actually SMELL it if you really concentrate?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Talk about monsters under the bed!I can only imagine how batty this must be driving you! Thank God you're moving soon (not soon enough is it?). The new place is glorious though - I absolutely love love love it.

12:40 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh Helen, I'm soooo glad you get to move! That is awful!

Be careful around that mold.

Take care.

3:11 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I feel positively smothered in slime... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Thank goodness you're out of there soon!

5:34 am  
Blogger The other me said...

Oh Evil one, hopefully it will be the 28th december...still finishing up all the paperwork which I hate, mmakes me feel like I am telling my whole life story and then waiting to hear if we are good enough.

1:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man! when you said something fluffy i was thinking cute, sentimental, sweet.....Not ummmm green/black fluff. I cannot believe how bad that is. You should definitely get Jordon to go in as it very well could be that mould making him so sick. The only thing I know of that kills black mould is bleach...from the looks of it...lots of bleach. And of course, bc it spreads and grows so fast, it has to be bleached a lot. I feel so bad for you and your family. That stuff is nasty in more ways than one.

And isnt it amazing how everything happens for a reason? At least you wont have to stay in that mould infested house too much longer.

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home