Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Post which serves no purpose.

I have to write this post, for no other reason than the experience was so perfect that H and I found ourselves driving in the wrong direction just to get a second glimpse.
I was waiting outside the post office today for H to finish an errand and noticed a young man waiting outside the supermarket. 'Hmmm', I thought he doesn't look best comfortable, rather like he had ripped a page out of a trendy magazine , one showing his favourite rap star at home and hastily popped out to the nearest trendy clothes shop and bought every item his hero had been wearing in the picture. white track suit, thick gold chain, baseball hat, training shoes with laces undone, big heavy rings on too many fingers and a dog, on a lead...it should have been a mean looking staffordshire bull terrier but it wasn't, it was a border collie. Shame.
Mr wannabe rap star was standing sort of close to a stroller, a black 3 wheeler with leopard skin trim and a tiny baby in it. He wasn't close enough to be associated with it but as no-one else was nearby I felt sure that he probably was 'in charge' as even in this sleepy part of the UK it isn't the most sensible idea to leave a new baby outside a shop unattended, especially is there is a bright pink handbag slung over the handle of the pram.
While still waiting for H I was treated to the sight of the mummy. When I saw here and saw that she was, indeed with the track suit wearing, wish it was at least a rottweiler, border collie owning rap star, all became clear. I knew immediately that the baby was called Keanu, if it was a boy....and can't begin to imagine what she is called if she is a girl...suggestions on a post card please.
Mummy was wearing high heeled white boots, fur trimmed of course , with large numerous buckles, tucked into these jeans were skin tight low rise jeans with a rather touching, yet not repulsive, amount of 'I just had Keanu but can wear my jeans again' belly showing ( honestly, the youngsters of today, they'd do well to wear a vest in this weather but there's no telling them, is there?) She had on a belt that was studded ( and white of course) and a white bomber jacket. At the top of this fashion statement was a hairdo that almost defies description and had me wishing for my camera with its super zoom lens. The under neath of her hair was very dark, and straight and the top was white. Not blond, white, crispy white and perhaps dreadlocks and was sort of ringlets of hoping the wind isn't too strong because these things will snap and blow off.
It was a treat to see her grab onto Keanu's pram and totter off with her white track suited boyfriend. Such a treat in fact that when H came out of the shop I had to drive down the road in the wrong direction so he could see for himself.
Oh...I know what the baby was called if it was a girl......Beyonce. ( pronounced Bay-on-say. No other name would work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

But a great read Helen! :)

What a site they must have been. Thanks for sharing.

11:59 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I can actually picture the whole thing. Oh Man! That poor baby doesn't have a chance!

Are you sure it wasn't Britney and K-Fed??

HUGS!
~Lisa~

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home