Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

nearly there.....

I am beginning to look forward to that time that comes before all things big and nerver wracking where you say to yourself " well , there is nothing more I can do" and let fate take over. I'm nearly there, as far as christmas goes I have maybe one or two small bits to pick up and then the rest ..well if we haven't got it, we'll be going without! I think, actually, that this may turn out to be one of the nicest and more memorable christmas times we have ever had, we haven't worried a bit about any of it, we have covered all gifts without any stress and somehow have come up with some really cool ideas that I hope will bring goosepimples and teary eyes all round. I have told the older boys to buy one present for the whole family, which has thrilled them and saved a huge amount of time and money and dearest Sophie has bought all her gifts and wrapped them already. Grandpa bought an entire stock of power ranger SPD toys and dressing up outfits for the boys as well as underwear and PJs .....even the first one turned up yesterday with exactly the gifts I suggested for Jordan and Sophie, the first time in 16 years they will have had his gifts on christmas day, what a shame he then told them what he had bought!!
As for the move, well there are one or two more things I can do and then I will have to trust to the good Lord to ensure it all falls into place, the christmas post is throwing everything out of whack and delaying everything so much I am about to explode at the frustration of it all...I think we are all feeling the strain....I am going to sit and look at the pictures this afternoon to remind myself why we are putting ourselves through all this hassle and worry, it feels as though we have forgotten just how great it will be to live there and have been swallowed up in the red tape and headache side of everything.
My bedding arrived today, oh my goodness it is perfect! I found some curtains a week or two ago and this bedding goes beautifully with them..we are going to be posher than posh and grander than grand...I am saying no more until I have it all in and pictures are taken. I feel though, that there is a very hig chance of being overtaken with delusions of grandeur and simply recline waiting to be pampered.
Ah, the chickenpox, Seth is being a trooper, we have to count his pox spots 3 times a day and marvel at how many pustules he now has ( 87 at last count) we soothe and cream and blow ( yes, blow, he stands and says " blow them" and we do...isn't parenthood a marvellous and humbling thing?) I think we have reached the point where he has as many spots as he is going to get and luckily none on his face....tons on his head and his groin is a veritable dot to dot of itchiness, his bum is pickled and Isaac thinks the blowing of bum spots is more hysterical than anything he has yet witnessed in his 4 years and 4 months. I am happy as long as the bum doesn't feel obliged to blow back just as I am bent down with face level, you can never tell with 5 year olds.
Isaac has one itchy spot on his cheek, I am praying that his is a rogue spot just come to keep Seth company because I am pretty sure I am way too low in the compassion and patience stakes to deal with Isaac and chickenpox, he is in melt down with this one itchy blob and hates the cream to stop the itch-yet whines for it every 10 minutes only to wipe it right off with Lellow ba as soon as it's on the spot, he won't allow calamine lotion because it doesn't soak into his skin. If I am forced to try and leave the house and he is housebound, oh dear heavens, lets not go there! Pray for me people....please!!!
Gramma made the boys some pillowcases..they made snuggly beds on the floor and watched the muppets, and took a nap, awww bless
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
which gave them loads of energy just as grandpa thought he would take a moment to relax in his room and watch some football.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
never mind grandpa..it was worth a try, but you'll learn, never try and snag some peace and quiet..they can sniff out a need for rest from a 100 yards.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Aside from the chicken pox, so excited for you Helen! :) Christmas sounds like it will be so much fun at your house this year.

And yeah for the new bedding! We are getting a new bed (pushed back to spring because the lay off!)soon and I can't wait! :) Of course it will need new bedding. he he

Take care! And I hope the chicken pox stay mild.

2:57 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

You sound so happy and content in this post Helen.

It's great when it all comes together isn't it?

GL with the chicken pox!!

~Lisa~

3:44 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh it's so close - Christmas, and the new house! How exciting!! I sure hope Isaac doesn't get any more pox - that one must be driving him crazy - I can't imagine how Matthew would be if he had them. He's just like Isaac - if he gets a cut - he wants a bandaid and then 3 seconds later it's off!
Nice when the boys nap - not so nice when they get that renewed energy!! LOL
-jenn

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home