Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

This and that and a bit of hysteria, almost.

I've often heard it said that moving house is one of the most stressful times to endure....tell me about it! Today I am at the stage where I can feel a physical lump of hysteria that is swelling out of all proportions somewhere between my breastbone and my chin....it almost reaches it's screaming way to my throat and then retreats, knowing that there are more hiccups, trials and loopholes to get through before it can wend it's insane way right the way out and enjoy a rollicking good yowl around the neighbourhood.
The removal van is booked and paid for, many young and testosterone pumped arms and backs are promised for the lifting and carrying of heavy items...of course enthusiasm and good cheer doesn't necessarily come along with the arms and backs but we'll take what we can, nephews, several.. brothers in law, two, father and father in law and a husband, a couple of more or less grown up sons and pretty much a promise that I shan't have to lift a single thing myself, I shall be able to be a pointer and decider, which sounds simply marvellous in theory doesn't it.
13 days. Too exciting to imagine but we are still waiting on the final OK...again we are told that it will be OK and no problems are forseen but....ahem, pardon me for a moment
cut the bloody niceties and just tell me the house is mine will you?!?!?!?
Thankyou......
The boxes are coming along nicely....we packed some lovely things this week.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

oh look, this one is actually waving at me....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just wish I had been quicker with the packing tape, the buggers keep getting out and it's almost impossible to get anything done when they are free.

I left H to organise the phone and internet which he did this afternoon, it actually made him feel a little more appreciative of me I hope...he got to feel like the pied piper, it is guaranteed that the moment you get the phone in your hand in order to speak to anyone, especially in connection to a business call, these little people will follow you. No matter where you go in search of 3 minutes of peace and the chance to pretend you are a sane and reasonable adult human being, they will follow, making sounds. Loud and penetrating sounds that render you completely stupid and incapable of remembering what you need or even who you are speaking to and you become one of the once pitied or loathed, or even both, group of people who punctuate every sentence with " Oh excuse me...PUT YOUR BROTHER OWN!!" or " Pardon me for just a moment .... don't...ah AH AH .....DON'T YOU DARE THROW THAT!!! I'm sorry, what was that you said? oh oh....hang on a moment... GET DOWN YOU'LL BREAK YOUR NECK!"
Serves them all right for going home before my kids go to bed. I hope their heads ache when they get off the phone too, it's only fair after all.

We might be without a phone or computer for 11 days...ELEVEN DAYS...can you imagine? I shall be forced to go to the library and write shorthand versions of my blog, we get 30 minutes online....yikes. we can keep the same phone number though, even though we are switching companies. Very kind, I love my phone number it is the easiest number to remember, whenever I tell anyone my phone number they immediately rave about how cool this number is and it really is, and we get to keep it. Splendid.

Grandpa is here from sunny California...he brought 3 big cases with him, I think his carry on bag had his clothes in and the rest was treats and suprises for us....grandpa's are pretty glorious on the whole and this one is one of the best. He has been adored and followed and climbed on all day...the boys are touchingly unable to believe he is actually staying and have been checking with him often that he is really going to still be here in the morning and at christmas and in our new house and after school. We are very happy that he will be here, for all of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

That is great the boys are enjoying their Grandpa! :)

I hope all goes well with the move Helen. Bummer you have to wait 11 days for internet at home though. My kids would just die! ;)

Take care!

3:47 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

I of course completely agree - you have to be much quicker with the packing tape gun! I would like to pack mine up for an hour or two - and I'm not even moving (although Hawaii sounds rather lovely right now as I stare out at the foot of snow on my deck)
11 days without Internet??? Are you mad?? Well just keep saying to yourself - It's worth it - for two bathrooms ;)
I shall miss you terribly, of course, and will be checking 2-3 times a day to see if you've made it to the library ;) I don't know if *I* could go 11 days without hearing from you- it will be a long 2 weeks for sure!

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home