Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, December 16, 2005

They're coming to take me away ha ha......

Hang on grandpa, your hat's great, if I can just snap the arm of mummy's glasses it'll be perfect

So, shall I share with you this weeks happenings or will you read and mutter aloud that I am making it all up because this doesn't really all happen, not in real life, all at once...in one family, mine.
You know I am going to tell you so come close, get comfy and read on......
.well........this morning how we laughed when we were greeted with the sight of Seth with the inescapable evidence of

CHICKENPOX!!

Ha ha ha ha ha......little pustules of itch popping up all over the place, marvellous, lets say it will take him a week to get well, scab over and be cheery again...just in time for christmas, phew. Then we can safely lay huge pots of cash on the fact that the other two will get it too, in fact this very evening Elijah has the first signs of his spots, so at least we'll have two of them wellish for Christmas...who knows if or when Isaac will get it. It does mean that we will have to have one of us here at all times ..pppttthhhhhhh. They miss the christmas parties at school and nursery and we miss those last few days of having spare time to finish up the final bits and pieces PPPPPTTTTTTTTH.
The real humdinging bit of tell the internet news that has my mind blowing superfarts is this...after a super impressive bout of temper on monday my husband tells me that he hasn't taken any of his meds for TWO WEEKS, none of his blood pressure meds, none of the blood thinners, anti clotting, don't have another heart attack , keep it all ticking and pumping and calm meds.....what, pray tell, was he thinking? Was he thinking, at all, about anything?
The fact that he made this decision, that could have had him drop dead in a blink, has me so angry, so weepy and frustrated and sick that I can scarcely voice my thoughts. It is telling enough that it has taken me 4 days to even mention it.
I steadfastly refuse to be one of those women forced to mother their husbands....I am not putting his tablets next to a cup of milk at bedtime, I am not going to ask 3 times a day if he has taken them. I have told him, until I am pretty sure he understands, that such a move is beyond selfish, if he thinks so little of us that he can take such a risk then it would be a total waste of my time to battle with him. I have made sure he understands just what a huge risk it is he took...he didn't tell me until he had begun to take them again but he is having a hard time....his body is not feeling good and his mind is having an even tougher time. He is also being faced with not an ounce of sympathy but hard facts about how he is facing this because he chose not to take his meds and that actually he is incredibly lucky not to have gone into heart failure. Or died.
Jordan is also truly sick, he is actually sleeping at his work because the damp and mould have got into his lungs. His breathing capacities are less than half and he can hardly catch his breath, he has been hit with asthma after years of being free of it. I've watched him this evening gasping for breath with a nebuliser and I am so mad...but relieved that the end is in sight.
Still having stupid hiccups from the agency but I am told that these are merely formalities and all will be OK...it's just getting horribly close now.
Pass me the Nyquil I'm off to oblivion!

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Hugs Hugs and more and more more Hugs.. Honestly I just don't know what else to say. My heart truly goes out to you!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:56 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

((Big Hugs)) from me too Helen.

1:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Helen,
I am so so sorry.

((((humongous hugs!)))))

Jes

5:35 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Chickenpox!! Why of all the blasted stupid things to choose to infect your family - UGH!! That just sucks majorly Helen - I'm sorry, there's nothing I can say.
Chris has never had them, which is why I got my kids vaccinated for them, otherwise, I'd love to have a pox party with you, and get it done and out of the way - Just not at Christmas - Horrid timing - grrrrrrr.
2005 appears to be ending with a vengeance - I hope that the new year brings peace and tranquility, no mould, healthy kids, happy pill taking hubby and 2 bathrooms for you to lock yourself into and escape for a few minutes whilst little boys peer under the door "Mummy are you in there??".
Hang tight my dear!!

6:01 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home