Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Escaping...

Ahhh, I have escaped the chaos and noise for a while and am sitting in dad's study, heavenly.
It is taking so long to get connected to the internet because our new home is very old, built in the 1800's it is now a listed building, before we can have any kind of holes drilled or cable installed we have to have permission, all of which takes forever, we are going to have a phone line in next week and wil go the dial up route until we have the OK for cable...I am having withdrawals I can tell you.

Grandpa goes home next week, time flies, I am ready to try and get back to normal and be in a routine, it has been a crazy 4 weeks, I am a snarling grumpster.... I am sadly depleted in the patience and tolerance department.... grandpa made a comment ( or 3) about 'damn faggots' on TV tonight..that was my cue to leave the house and recharge my batteries, my silence and unwavering glare were enough to remind him that I am the mother of a 'damn faggot' and very proud of him I am too. How much more do I prefer being Dan's mother, than the mother of someone biggoted,narrow minded or mean. My heart breaks everytime I hear such stupid and thoughtless comments.
I am deliberately not writing about the move or the house as I have it all saved ready to post when I am on line....sorry to keep you hanging, i hope it wil be worth it!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hugs Helen, only a little bit longer before Grandpa goes home...I did the happy dance when Rich's dad when home after Christmas. He had the nerve to use the "N" word and slurred Mexicans also in my house (not remembering that Rich's sister and her partner are both half Mexican)...tolerance is really hard to have for stupid people.

I don't understand why people are so hung up about the gay population. My best friend asked me over New Years if I would love Nikki any less if he turned out to be gay, I thought about it a minute and said "Nope, but I hope he adopts because I want grandbabies."

8:09 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

you aren't the only one having withdrawals!!
We miss you!!

(((hugs))) to you for grandpas insensitive and rude comments. I hope he isn't so thoughtless when Dan is around.

Waiting to hear about the move and the house and all and everything else!!

1:24 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Ahh Helen. I'm sorry your FIL was so insensitive. I would have had a very hard time keeping quiet about that.

HUGS!

WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Lisa~

3:25 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

We miss you!

((Big hugs))
It's so hard to pry open the minds that have been slammed shut for so very long.

Big hugs to you and a HOORAH for what a kick ass mum you are...hurry and drill those holes love.

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Grandpa was a... well a jackass. I'm pretty proud of you for just leaving and not saying anything. There's no point really. If he can't see what a wonderful person Dan is then he's just blind.

I can't wait to hear about the move and the new place. I bet it's fabulous!

A

1:07 pm  
Blogger Jon-Marc McDonald said...

Helen,

you make me cry and rejoice with your posts. Thank you for standing by Dan's side, thank you

3:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Helen,
I am so proud of you, like all the other posters, for standing by your son. I am so proud of you, for just walking away, as well. How easy it would have been to go off on him.

Miss you girl! Congrats on the new house! Cannot wait to see pics & hear tales.

Love & stuff,
Jes

4:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaww, I thought we were back to regular posts again. LOL.

Why does gpa feel the need to make such comments in your presence? UGH! he is lucky you opted to just walk away. Does he not know about the mother bear complex and the strong will to attack if needed to protect our cubs? Even when they are grown? I think you should tell him next time he says something about those "damn faggots" like, you know, i understand that your mind is sealed, but please keep the comments to yourself. He needs to know that he can't verbally abuse you like that. And I really hope he doesn't say stuff like that around Dan. Just know in your heart that Dan is a far better man (apparently) than he will ever be!!!!!

4:10 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

OKAY HELEN!!!

It's the 11th!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!!??!?

~Lisa~

5:02 pm  
Blogger wallswithnodoors said...

I havent commented on your blog in a very long time. One of my friends is gay, he's 15 and i've seen the effects people views about him have. It's terrible people dont have the openminded-ness just to accept each other. He'll never know what a lovely person your son is, or anyone else who is gay and he's only losing out by having narrow-minded opionons. Its very, very sad.

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home