Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, January 16, 2006

blimey, 10 things about 6 kids.....


So, here I am about to tell you 10 things about each of my children.....will I think of enough things I wonder?!

Daniel.
1. I chose his name, Daniel Carl William because along with his surname would look great on a brass door plate on an office door, Either in full, or as D.C.W ******** .
2. He has been my joy and friend since the day he was born.

3. He had surgery at 10 weeks old for a hernia.

4. He wanted desperately to do ballet and I wouldn't let him for fear it would turn him gay! He still remembers how he wanted to dance.

5. He used to have almost prophetic dreams from the age of 3 until he was 8, he still 'sees' things occassionally now. He would talk about the things he learned before he was born!!

6. When he was 7 he used to tell me that he wasn't going to be man when he grew up, he said that he didn't know a single man worth being like so he wouldn't be one, thankyou.

7. at the age of just 20 he is now managing a restaurant, earning great money and huge responsibility, he is also a special constable for the police force,this amazes me because he was the laziest and least ambitious person growing up.

8. he hates his birthday, he never wants anyone to mark it in anyway. Even when he was little he used to say ( when asked what he wanted for his b/day)
" I want to stay in and be bored"

9. He is the most generous person I know, he is not at all materialistic and could care less about money.

10. I am so proud to be his mother I can't find the right words to say so.

Jordan.

1. It took me a week to feel anything for Jordan, following a totally painless and natural birth.

2. He is the sweetest and most affable of my children.

3. He is hysterically funny and causes an uproar wherever he goes.

4. He was my fattsest baby and is the skinniest teenager.

5. He smokes and I hate that.

6. I wish he wasn't called Jordan, his name is the only one of my childrens' that I cannot explain or like ! ( what was I thinking?!)

7. His middle names are Thomas Edward.

8. He is 18 and a qualified chef.

9. He drinks WAY too much as he works in a pub.

10. I can't believe I made him.


Sophie.

1. She is beautiful

2. She drives me totally insane.

3. She can sleep ALL day...ALL day!!

4. She has a great singing voice.

5. She is completely without any inhibitions, Lord help me.

6. She has huge boobs that I'm glad she is proud of now because I kind of know what will happen to them when she has babies.

7. She had epilepsy from the age of 5 until she was 9. she was registered disabled.

8. She was a daredevil, even as a baby, she climbed out of windows, drowned the cat, ran away from playschool, smashed the school toilet...the list goes on.

9. She had 2 imaginary friends when she was little, Billy and Jandy.

10, whilst her temper and stubborness defeat me often, I am convinced that she will need her fight and strength as she goes through life. I am sometimes in awe of just how strong this girl is.

Seth.

1. We were told Seth was a girl right through his pregnancy, he was to be called Phoebe Ygnacia.

2. He has a lymphangioma on his left eye.

3. He is a genius.

4. He is stubborn.

5. His name means righteous and faithful 3rd son.

6. He wants to change his name to Nathan when he is 6.

7. He has food phobia, he eats very few foods and is frightened to try new ones.He never mixes food, for example he will eat dry bread and he will eat peanut butter- but not as a sandwich.

8 He has never eaten fish or meat, even as a baby he wouldn't even have it in his mouth.

9. He has an incredibly mature sense of humour.

10. I forget he is only 5, it feels as though he has always been here, I think he has an old soul.

Isaac.

1. Isaac had a traumatic birth and screamed for 5 months.

2. He is quite the most perfect looking child I have ever seen.

3. He is brilliant on the computer, he knows things that no-one has ever taught him.

4. He whispers at school.

5. He is afraid of too many things.

6. His middle name is Nathaniel.

7. He is kind and gentle.

8. He hates long sleeves.

9. He loves sleeping and his yellow blanket that he no longer calls Lellow Ba. I miss hearing him say that, Yellow blanket doesn't sound right.

10. This boy is mine...I understand how he feels and what he is thinking and I am sure the Lord sent him to me for a reason...everyone else says they would go crazy with his eccentricities but, to me, they seem merely a part of him , what's to mind?!?

Elijah.

1. My naughtiest boy. I feel my age with Elijah Henry.

2. He sucks his thumb....I love that.

3. He is my last baby, ever.

4. He sings, perfectly in tune, he plays the harmonica and piano as if he knows what he is doing......he doesn't bash the keys or blow the beejeebers out of the mouth organ.

5. He is beginning to say everything properly, which makes me sad, I liked Geewaft for giraffe, loved chocwut for chocolate and we will all mourn when he says gramma instead of mam-mar .

6. He chose his own name, despite my trying to choose any other name it had to be Elijah...I now think it is perfect, I also think he is perfect.

7. Not a day goes by when I don't thank the Lord for this baby, when the world was telling me he was a mistake, I knew he wasn't, when they were telling me I was stupid for having him, I knew I wasn't.

8. He says SHUT MOUFF at least 30 times a day...please let this phase be over soon, I'm bored with it.

9. He has enormous feet, size 9.

10. He is the smoochiest and snuggliest boy in the world, I grab every second and treasure each moment because too soon he will forget that he loves me this much and will be too busy to kiss my face and play with my ears. Babies grow too fast.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those were fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! Loved them!!!! One day.. one day I'm going to meet them in person I tell ya!!!

2:51 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

I loved reading every one!!!!

Thanks! (Did I tell you how very much i missed ya?)

4:38 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Very nice. if you don't mind (well even if you do, i suppose..lol) I may just steal your idea for my blog..sometimes, ok most times, i feel my blog is blah!

5:09 am  
Blogger The other me said...

Lacey...Ygnacia is H's mom's name...I'm glad Seth is a boy too , that name is ne of those things that seemed a good idea at the time!!

1:43 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

That was great Helen!!

Aidan wears size 9 shoes too...although he is 34 pounds!! LOL...I'm guessing his feet don't 'look' as big as Elijah's!

Thanks for sharing your kids :)

~Lisa~

2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home