Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Me. Having been pampered and feeling a bit splendid.

This is me, having had masses of hair cut off and feeling a little bit good about myself.
Grandpa left and gave H some cash, he hid £100 in my reading book, when I found it he said it was to spend on just me! For the first time in forever I took him at his word and walked right out of the house and into a posh hairdressers, without asking the price, I let them do what they wanted and then bought all the snazzy products they had used.....what a treat!!
Of course, it stays straight and glamourous looking for about 10 minutes and then starts curling like a wild thing with a mind of it's own, but I love it, I love not having to drag it all back all the time and my husband has run his fingers through my hair many times! He said he was afraid to try before in case he never got his hand back...that mop was a scary thing I tell you, long curly hair is not a thing to be reckoned with lightly!




So for now I am enjoying my new look, hoorah for feeling good about myself.

10 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

You look wonderful Helen! :) Enjoy the feeling!

Oh I could use a bit of pampering myself. Maybe, one of these days....:)

3:26 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

omg, You look too young to have full grown kids!!!!! You look marvelous! Good for you for getting out and pampering yourself!

Christina

4:39 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

You. Look. Awesome.
Actually, it's absolutely astonishing how much you look like Sophie (or rather she like you!). Those gorgeous blue eyes would draw anyone's attention! I LOVE the new hair cut, and am so happy that you had a chance to do something absolutely 100% for YOU!

5:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you look great! Amazing what a good haircut can do to your spirits! Good for you.

Deb

12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen! darling! You look GLORIOUS! I kid you not but gurl you look at least 10 years younger! You are a 30 something hot mama!

sizzle sizzle

8)

1:42 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

OWWW! Hottie McHot!
You look just like Sophie! Im so glad you spent that moolah on YOURSELF and not on the kiddos...

4:18 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to say that I realized where Sophie got her good looks! I've only seen a few pics of you, and it's not NORMALLY focused o n you! lol Love the pic! I am so proud of you for doing something for yourself!

(((hugs)))
Jes

5:19 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I agree with the others!! You are totally Sophie's Mom!! No denying it at all!!

Good for you getting something for YOU!!!! The cut looks amazing!!

~Lisa~

9:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it Helen! It looks wonderful and I am thrilled that you got to treat YOU for a change!

Sara Maddie adn Tyler

2:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you look absolutely stunning with your new 'do. I LOVE it. Glad to see ya back online and loving your new house.

JoJoBZ

4:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home