Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

An accidental stroke of genius.

I just have to share this because it is SO brilliant that every mother of small people should know about it.
I bought a pedometer, a cheap one, that was actually too cheap....so I bought a better one. Isaac saw the not so good one, he wanted it. H had a 'free with walkers chips' one and Seth wanted it. MIRACULOUS!! They will do anything ANYTHING we ask. Getting dressed is amazing..." how many steps to grab your socks? Quick go and get your school shoes, how many steps will that be? How many steps if you go and fetch your book bag for school, how many steps to your classroom?" Seth took nearly 11.000 steps at school yesterday, Isaac? Who knows, he keeps pushing the reset button- but it has been FANTASTIC!! Seth didn't even whimper about going to school yesterday as he couldn't wait to see what number he would be on when we got there! Isaac is Mr fetch and carry, all we need to say is " how many steps if you run and get....." and he's OFF! His first words this morning were " how many steos I take downstairs?"
Buy one at the dollar store.....it's a dream. I hope they don't get bored too quickly. I am in heaven.
By the way, it is 3,441 steps to school and back.

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

Brilliant!! I need to invest in a few of those for sure!! Way to go!!

~Lisa~

1:48 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Ohhhh GREAT idea!

4:36 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

What a great idea. I shall invest the dollar for one! LOL.

7:22 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is a great idea Helen! We have a few free ones from the McDonalds salad meals around here some place. :) I will have to find one and see if Zachary will walk with me. :)

11:31 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Helen you're a freeeeeeeekin' GENIUS!
How else can I get through to the boy with nothing but numbers on the brain 24/7 - Sheer brilliance! Why didn't *I* think of it????

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home