Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So much to say......

Ahem, I sit here, with my laptop. MY laptop, on my lap.....bought through a clever man who is married to someone at church who reads my blog...yes, I actually know someone in person who isn't family, who reads my blog, marvellous. Anyway, Andy, who is married to Sara, who reads my blog and who has 3 of the most divine babies, deals on ebay, buying and selling computers and so he sold me a pretty nifty laptop for a great price, I took H with me because I am dim in all things technical and would have been happy to look at the thing and buy it if it looked nice, I know nothing about gigabites or rams ( althoughI sort of feel that gigabite may actually be spelled with a y not an i) and H knows these things, when I saw him begin to drool and sound wistful at the numbers and almost weep at the very telling that my laptop has more of everything than the big house computer, I felt pretty sure that I was onto a good thing. He was very good and brave in an incredibly masculine way and although it felt as though I was breaking his fingers when I took it from him (after he had done all that boring stuff to set it up for me) he has scarcely mentioned what he could do with all this memory and ram and gigawhatsits more than a time or 17.
I took my laptop to my writing class because I wanted to look the part , it looked very impressive in it's carry case while I scribbled notes with my biro on scraps of paper.
I took it to make a point as much as anything, you know, rather like a dog cocks it's leg to mark it's territory, I showed the world that this little box is mine. Selfish in the extreme and marvellous. Mine, mine , mine. It's pretty hard work at the moment, so different to the house computer, no mouse, now that takes some getting used to, sensual with all that stroking and coaxing the arrow thingy ( I am so technical aren't I? I scare myself sometimes) The delete button is in a whole new place, why do they do that? Why aren't things ever simple?
I think I will love it soon enough though, if it's too new for me I have no worries about money wasted, there are at least 3 people in this house that are drooling and longing for the novelty to be too much for me.
It's very pleasant to sit wherever I fancy and be online, I am sitting with feet up on comfy stool as I type, luxury indeed.
Thankyou Andy for helping me get my new toy... Jordan wants one now, H wants one.......we might be regulars! Of course that would mean we never talk to each other ever again.... unless by e.mail or I.M of course!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Lovely!!! now you know just what to ask for for Christmas... a wireless mouse :)

10:22 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sounds like a fun new toy Helen. :) My oldest has one, but I prefer my big old clunky one still. I suppose I'd get used to a laptop, but for now, I'm ok with this one.

Enjoy it. :) And your class. :)

1:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it Helen! Welcome to the laptop world…I can now be found most days out in the backyard typing away on the laptop and enjoying the sunshine. And there is nothing like pulling out the laptop in my English class and feeling so studious…LOL! Hubby and I do chat with each other on IM from different rooms of the house…sometimes it is ridiculous other times it helps us talk to each other (weird I know)…Get yourself one of those Microsoft laptop mice…I have a hard time not having a mouse and this one is wireless and the receiver plugs into the USB slot…

3:14 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Congratulations! I have one also and it does make for comfy writing, however I still find myself with a pen and notebook scribbling down things. I still like my manual written notes and my yellow spiral notebook. So glad you have you lap top! You sho do deserve it, all you done been through! Kiss!

3:25 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

i promise I hate my mouse on my other computer now. I love my mouseless...and trust me you will get the hang of it soon and its a lot faster, still, if you havin problems get a portable mouse, but to me thats kinda like you gotta have a place to "do it on" it dont work well in sand, the portable mouse. I snicker at people cant do the laptop squiggler! so to really look good in class, practice on your lap mouselessly...Kiss

3:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home