Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When the sun shines my heart feels better. Living in California was heaven for me as far as weather goes...seasons are pretty and I love to look at the pictures but put me where the sun shines and you won't hear me complain about the weather a bit!
Today was just the perfect sort of day, warm weather without miserable heat, clear skies and just a feeling of well being. I took the boy down town for a walk, Eli is just not a baby anymore and although I am sure I should mind a little bit, he is becoming such a sweet little person it's hard not to enjoy who he is, baby or not. He walked like a real person and chatted, he loves to look at who is out and spread his sunshine wherever he goes, we walked past a lovely pub with outside tables and he climbed the railings to stare at the people eating!! He stopped and walked backwards just so some old ladies could have enough time to appreciate just how divine he is. He danced to the busker playing his trumpet . Life is just splendid when you are two and your mummy isn't in a hurry. Life is just splendid when you are 43 and your boy is Elijah. He likes nappies, totally doesn't care how old he is and when the question of potty training is timidly posed he says that his nappy is ' nice a warm' and he doesn't even need it changing thankyou, forget taking it away all together.
Happy day albeit a bit dull from a blogging point of view!! Sorry!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Very uplifting and happy sounding Helen. :) Thanks for the warm smile.

11:20 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sounds simply perfect to me :) Course I still can't wait to get rid of the nappies ;)

3:35 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

There's nothing dull about the image of a delightful boy walking in the sunshine with his beautiful Mummy.

~Lisa~

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home