Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Balls.

When I was four, I knocked at the door the day I went to sea.
I climbed aboard a pirate ship and the captain said to me......


Image hosting by Photobucket

...actually he said absolutely nothing at all, because there was no persuading this little 4 year old to get on that pirate ship. It will wobble on the water, maybe it sint. Maybe he will feel sit ( sick. )Maybe he don't want to doe on nat ship. so we just looked at it and thought it was OK and then we wandered and we found, we found BASKETBALL CLOTHES! This is fabulous, Isaac said he will deffally wear nat, he even fromithed. We bought 2 sets of shorts and basketball shirts. My heart took pictures of 2 little boys actually wearing shorts.
Isaac, bless him, is having trouble actually picking up a basketball, because those pesky shorts tickle his legs so he runs from one end of the house to the other holding his shorts away from his legs, if he courtsied he'd have the perfect look. I love this boy, his every eccentricity makes him more glorious every day. Balls are the thing right now, tennis balls, rugby balls, basketball balls, footballs, he loves them all. HE must love them if he wore shorts. It was very quiet at 6.15 and I went into the boys' room to get their Pjs out...Isaac was already in bed and fast asleep, in his basketball clothes. Night night Isaac, I had a lovely day.
Darn car failed the M.O.T. Little things and 2 big things that are so big I can't think straight about it today. Oh well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm glad you had a lovely day Helen. :)

So sorry about the car. We used to have that testing here, but because all the garages charged for it and the state didn't want to pay for it, they cut it out.

2:33 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sounds like a nice day! And of course, any night that kids turn in early is wonderful! He must have been tuckered out from the adventurous day!

Sorry to hear about the car...hopefully things will work out for you!

4:31 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Are you secretly peeking into my backyard? Honestly, today was the first day both boys wore shorts - Ever. They wore them only because I convinced them that they weren't shorts - they were capri's - like mummy wears. Matthew still tried to pull them down to his ankles, but gave up on that, and just eventually took them off altogether - looking splendid in T-shirt and bare bum - nice ensemble eh? Balls are big here too. Duncan got a baseball and glove for his birthday, and a soccer ball (football?) so he's in his glory.
Still, sounds like you had a decent day :)

9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home