Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sometimes there is a longing in me to simply go WILD! Be spontaneous, go crazy......but in this house, well it would be catastrophic!
I am able to see the humour in how these male people behave ( mostly) but honestly for a girl who finds great joy in thinking " hmmm, that might be nice, I think I'll do it, try it, go there" etc. It can occassionally feel like being bound in chains to have so many people with their rigid autistic tendancies.
Take for instance the hotwheels phase we have going on. Lovely, cars and tracks and fun fun fun......not. The trouble with 'sets' is they come in a box..with pictures on, so if there is a picture, THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE! The boys have a 2 big sets, one like a dinosaur with grey and blue track and a newer one with orange track....what a treat then when daddy thought he would suprise the boys by making a HUGE, extra long, extra twisty track, using both sets. I was almost giddy with how cool it looked, ha, we foiled them, they thought they were getting bored with hot wheels, not so you young 'uns, daddy had hotwheels when he was little and he is GREAT with it, wait til you see how cool this is....you will go NUTS with excitement.
They went nuts, really nuts....because OH MY GOODNESS the blue track is mixed with the orange track and that's not how it's meant to go is it? IS IT? Can you see blue and orange mixed on the picture? No because it isn't supposed to be mixed! Don't put a car on that track because it won't WORK it isn't meant to be that way...OH! OH! OH! QUICK. take it apart and make it right. *sigh*
Clothes, probably more of an issue than it ought to be because I am vain, I like my beautiful children to look a bit splendid......Isaac is having a new clothes phase right now, he wants new clothes, craves new clothes neeeeeds new clothes. This is very exciting to me, we have bought him new clothes and how thrilled am I that he chose a new England football shirt to replace the very old aged 2 one he wears every day. Nice new shirt......he loves it, he really does and any day now he is going to actually wear it. He is wearing the nice zip up England jacket he chose, all the time, ALL THE TIME. He is sweating and panting in the heat of the mild sunshine we have had while he runs and kicks his football, he isn't hot so he doesn't need to take it off ( he says with hair stuck to his head) at bedtime he asks many times where his jacket will go.... it hurts him that it is going to be washed but he trusts me now, he knows that it will be clean and dry for the morning and now I know for sure he really loves it enough to wear it I am going to buy a second one. True joy for the boy, a relief for me.
Seth, hmmmm, he is reluctant to let go of anything beloved. His woody suit is worn to bed every night, sometimes, when there is no school he wears it under his clothes, sometimes he wears the jacket with jeans, sometimes he just wears it all day after he has worn it all night.
He loves his jeans that have served him so well for nearly 2 years, they don't have holes, why does he need new ones? But they are nice, he likes them , they fit him ..... see? He can still do them up, they aren't tight....PAH! What does it matter that they are at least 3 inches too short.
There is such excitement here at the moment because Seth, the frightened of food boy has been trying new things. Teeny tiny tastes but without screwing his face up in terror. This evening he picked up a 'sumthing' a potato number shape and actually sniffed it and licked it. 5 minutes later he actually ate half of it. HUGE DEAL. He then said he wouldn't eat it again though, bother! There is hope that one day he will bite something and really like it and add it to his very limited list of safe and acceptable foods. We can but hope.
So, if anyone fancies a day doing things MY way, lets go....no plans, no routine, get in the car and see where we end up.....let's stay over if we feel like it, no packed food, we'll eat out, in places no-one has tried or tested, let's be devils, we won't even pack PJs. Let's see if the sky falls in. Bet you it doesn't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Sounds like a fun day Helen. :) I will come along! :) Well, I'd like to anyway. :)

Too funny about the Hot Wheels tracks.

2:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home