Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What is the world coming to?

A short entry tonight ( unless I am miraculously sticken with inspiration) big old headache, twitchy legs and after a day of poorly kids and teenagers who are BOOOOORED ( save me from bored teenagers PLEASE) I am ready to lay my weary head on my cool crisp cotton pillowcase and sleep.
Does anyone understand kilos = pounds? I know I lost 4 kilos this week, is that good or depressing? I'd look it up but it feels too much like math homework so that's against my personal ethics. Someone cheat for me and tell me the answer please. Why did they have to start messing with what worked perfectly well? I am holding onto inches and pounds and am kicking and screaming against centimetres and kilogrammes. Don't even think about mentioning kilometres to me! All that new fangled nonsense whips over the top of my head so fast I'm left with a centre parting, life is hard enough without messing with the numbers. Stop it.
I miss Dan at the moment. He is getting more and more grown up and his life is so full and busy, just as it should be but I miss him. I have been thinking about whne the big ones were little lately and it seems so long ago, it definately helps me enjoy these little ones more but I wish I had known just how fleeting those years would be.
Leah found an album of pictures of Sophie when she was a baby, she was divine, I shall scan them and put them on , I lost all my baby pictures when I moved to the U.S. thank goodness I gave mum so many!
Oh.....in july H has been here 3 years, he can get his British Citizenship, we are also applying for seth and Isaac too. The British are so nice, they don't even have to relinquish their U.S status, they can be both. How lovely.
Nexy summer we are planning on a 5 week vacation to the states. What fun that will be!! H is already working out a budget. Ugh swear word to me.....my life is rigid enough without someone telling me how much to spend on what and where and how. I could feel my fists clench at the mention of it. When I saw what H thinks we can set aside I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. On paper it all looks so easy until real life sets in, like the shocks going on my car and the emissions being out of whack which means the garage ' playing around' with it until it is OK..yeah right, play around and " whoops, sorry luv- that broke, it'll cost ya" Which brings me to another thought I had today. England is losing it's quaintness. We used to be such a trusting nation, now it's a case of proving everything all the time, new number plate for the rear of my car. That ought to be simple , I had to take in my registration and drivers license. Do I look like a gangsters moll? Honestly, someone looking less like a criminal out buying new plates to fit on get away vehicles you are unlikely to find. What is the world coming to? I remember the days when we would see cardboard number plates held on with string. Those were the days.
Oh, and grandpa was working today, someone stole his mower from the back of his truck. He is 70 years old, still working every day, still working on 8-10 yards a day. This will cost him at least £1,000 to replace. I hope whoever stole it runs over their own foot. Unchristian of me I know, but satisfying. He always chains everything up, but today he thought he would be OK just blowing some leaves before he headed home. He was wrong. what is this world coming to? BAH!
Night night.
Oh, the diet blog is right HERE

7 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

Fabulous work Helen!!! 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs...so you've lost over 8 pounds!! YAY YOU!!!!

Sorry to hear about the short purse strings, and the stolen lawnmower :(

~Lisa~

10:57 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

do granpa gotta paypal account? can i help?

12:59 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

It is sad when times change so much that you can't turn your back on a lawnmower for a short period of time. How awful. But just know...what goes around, really does come around..that thief will get his in the end.


And great job on the weight loss!!! Way to go. That is definitely something to be proud of!

1:06 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I can't wait to see the pics of baby sophie!

Hopefully the mower will be replaceable.. poor grandpa :(

So where exactly stateside will you be visiting and how difficult will it be for us to meet up??? ;)

Hugs

3:27 am  
Blogger The other me said...

LISA...whoohoo! I knew it was sort of double, one way or the other but thought it might be the other way making it only 2 lbs I had lost! Thankyou.

KING...you are beyond kind but g/pa will be fine thankyou SO much!

JULIE..we'll be in L.A. A meet up would be the most exciting thing!

6:45 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Big woo hoo on the weight loss Helen! :) I hope you got some good rest. My kids are driving me this week. They are off from school, so that means they needs rides everywhere!

So sorry to hear about the lawn mower. My husband works with outdoor equipment and they always have to lock it up or someone takes it. It is sad.

Looking forward to seeing Sophie as a baby. :)

3:29 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

blah - I too hope the person who stole the mower is somehow reaping some horrid reward for their thievery! Blast them.
Good job on the weight loss - my gosh, 4 kilos in a week? Wow! Looking forward to pics, and would also love to meet up with you someday - I'm afraid LA is nearly as far as England for me, and of course I'd much rather fly to England for a visit ;) probably cheaper too.

1:24 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home