Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Pictures first.....



















I think you can see that it was beautiful. The whole weekend was as it should be, a mix of high emotion and restful moments. What mattered most was that it felt right for mum. She found it hard to do but as soon as she had done it, she felt better and as if this is what he wanted. We all felt that he has been around us until we left this place......as we left , he stayed to go on to wherever it is he is needed now. It was a sad feeling for us but now we feel we really should just do what we need to do now.
I know that we will see dad again, that is enormously comforting. Nothing stops the ' right now' being sad though. Nothing makes life easy as we work to learn how to do this without him .
I can't help but try and imagine how this must be for mum....but I can't. I am just so in awe of how strong she is. How dignified and gentle.
I love you so my mum. Please live to be 105, then you can slow down and we'll find a lovely home with a log fire and a jolly matron who will make you rooisbosh tea and feed you jelly sweets by the handful. You shall have toast and bovril in bed and watch Miss Marple all hours of the night. But not til you are 105, we need you 'til then to be just as you are. You're the mum, it's the law that you be here and be the same. I know you never break the law..... Oh and holidays? We like you taking us.....that's a good new thing, we'll keep that one. Thankyou.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Your mum is blessed to have her children rally around to support her. I like the idea of my mum staying exactly the same until 105 - I shall ask my mum to do the same, and I'll do my best to be 105 for my boys.
The heart balloons are a nice touch. Did they let them go willingly?

1:13 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Im glad it went well for you.

~Hugs~

1:30 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

BEAUTIFUL.... I hope your mum lives to 115 at least!

Hugs

3:45 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I hope my Mom lives to be 105 as well Helen. :) Wouldn't that be great?

It looks beautiful there.

10:52 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

So beautiful. I hope my mom lives to 105 as well :) You've done it again Helen, hit the nail right on the head :)

~Lisa~

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home