Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Mummy called the doctor, the doctor said.....

That I am definately losing the plot. Actually she didn't, she's far too kind and professional and tactful, I said it though.

I am weirder than a weird thing, or person. I don't understand myself actually and feel infinite sympathy for those around me having to try and live with me without losing their hair or patience or minds even.
I was so good at bottling stuff up. I could look people in the eye and have rational conversations without them having any idea that inside I was screaming. I functioned and dealt and managed, without a problem. Why then, now, can't I get through a week without having so many emotions and varying moods? It would seem that now I have begun to feel, have let some of the stuff out, I can't stop.
I know some of you read the post I did about H. you left some comments and they were sweet. Thankyou. I deleted the post because it was mean. The things I wrote are my problem and not actually H's ....he is as he has always been. He is solid and loyal and infuriating and my husband. Never before have I had someone so 'here' for me that I have felt safe enough to let rip. Whatever it is that I am going through, I hope it is the beginning of the end. ( anyone else as confused as me yet? seems only fair as you're reading my blog!) Actually, I hope it is the end, forget the beginning of it!!
Medication isn't an option to get me ( and this family ) through this latest phase of recovery, we have to ride it out,I will be having more, rather than less, therapy to help me talk it out.
I suppose I should write more here about the real stuff that is happening, but somehow I just feel that for it to be happening is enough....why would I want to sit and write about the pain, I talk about it with Jan and that is enough. I wish I hadn't written such mean and hurtful things about H, but I did. In one of my down moments, I let out some of the deepest pain that isn't focused on the right place, or the right person. I am muddled and befuddled and am working to get all this put in the right place, feel better and put the bad behind me.
while this s all going on, H is here, being the same and being calm ( for the most part!!) he is letting me sleep when I need, go out when I like and pretty much do what I need to do, when I need to do it. He's a good man.
All I can say is that right now, it's a day by day thing. One day I can feel so bad that I can't imagine or remember feeling good, the next day I can wake up and not imagine ever feeling sad....it's a rollercoaster and I've always hated those.
When I feel the hatred and the misery it is so real that it consumes me, when it's gone I can see how whacky it all is.
I think I'm writing this because there are other people who feel the same. Maybe those people don't have an H, perhaps they go through this without someone patting their back or putting a cool hand on their neck...I'm sorry for those people.
I still think I will be better, I'm just learning that it's a two steps forward 3 to the side with nervous tic thrown in kind of recovery.
I do have much to be grateful for and I am grateful, I mean.....how could I look at this

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



and not be happy?

I am also incredibly grateful to be living here and have this care and help available to me without worry of costs. That's a huge deal, I've been without health care and it's scarey, no-one should have that fear on top of everything else life throws at us!

I wish they didn't keep telling me how exercise helps, how those natural endorphines will kick in and make me happy. As if the pressure from that bloody treadmill isn't enough. I'd rather have drugs please. How often do I need to say it, hmmmmm nice mellow making tablets and a cup of cocoa - or running to nowhere dripping in sweat? Hard choice. Not.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I missed the other post Helen. I suppose in a way I should be glad I did.
(((((hugs))))) to you. I have every confidence that you will work this out, and will emerge the butterfly - beautiful, strong and able to fly.

2:11 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I must have missed the other post. But, i do know that i do the same thing at times. When things get really bad, i misdirect my anger. And my hubby is the prime target usually. I know that through reading your blog, I have often thought that H must be a wonderful man. He seems to hold it all together for you when you need it most.

Oh and the mood swings..that's just typical women...lol. That's what we do to keep men on their toes. They never know which mood they will get. *wink*

Things will eventually get better and settle down. But for now, you have many years of suppressed feelings and they all need to work themselves out. You will survive it! One day at a time!

3:30 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

We ALL go through this Helen. It doesn't mean that your feelings weren't valid, only that life isn't (surprise surprise) like the fairy tales they feed us as children. In my humble opinion that's probably a good thing because I think we need to learn to live with and accept the ones we love so that we go into the world knowing how to accept and learn to live those we don't ;)

Don't you worry a bit.. what you feel about H is exactly how we ALL feel about our mates from time to time. I know I personally have had many such moments despite being married to the most wonderful man in the world ;)

Hugs

Julie

1:26 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I'm thinking about you and I miss you so much! i didnt see the post you deleted so I'm kind of in the dark. Me too here. Is it cause it's summer? I dont know. Its been like a frightening roller coaster with me too for the last two weeks. I wish you well. I miss you. Thank you for all your support. How can I help? Kiss King

3:09 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Everyone else said it all so perfectly. I too missed your other post...but from what I gather, that's for the best. I hope this road to a better you is a short one Helen. I think you're doing a remarkable job of keep up appearances.

Much love to you.

~Lisa~

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home