Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Sorry!

Not much of a post today, I sat to write and guess what? The power went out. Right at the beginning of big brother. BIG BROTHER!! I love BB. I feel I should apologise for that, I feel a little shame at admitting it. There isn't a single redeeming quality to this show, but there we are. I love it. H hates it, he can't even stay in the same room when it is on. I even have the live stream so I can watch when the less addicted can't. I have yet to see anything worth having live stream for- but I do feel a bit superior knowing I have it, even though the novelty has worn off and I don't actually use it anymore.
And the electricity went out, no blog and no BB.
I ran to the fuse box, no tripped switches, it wasn't us, not our fault, there was nothing I could do. Hmmmmmm. ARGH! What would we do, no power, No TV, No internet.
Yeegads, don't say we'd have to...what? Talk to each other? Read a book? TALK TO EACH OTHER?!!!!
We are pathetic. H, Jordan and I, we were like fishes out of water, mouths opening and nothing coming out, startled looks and panic ridden brows. What to do? WHAT TO DO???
Thank heavens the power came back on relatively quickly, I had my book at my side and was about to read, in the evening light, sitting up. I read lying in my side, in my bed, I'm not sure I CAN read a book sitting up, in the front room. Phew-thankfully I didn't have to find out. H was safe, his I.Pod works at any time, he got comfy in bed and was set to watch a movie, ( he'll be OK if the world starts to end won't he? no playing monopoly by candle light for him,) ugh, I am so ill prepared for emergency. I have food and candles and sleeping bags and tents but heavens above, I don't have the important things like an IPod filled with movies and music. Must get organised, there could be a dire emergency at any time and I will be hopelessly up a creek without an Ipod.
TV back on, comfy couch, ready to watch anything that came on and ....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ fell asleep. 1.15 I woke up and hey, I am actually still tired so I am going to bed. Clean bed with crisp ironed pillow cases, smelling fresh, sheets all tight and crumple free. Glorious. That's worth waking up for that is. Night night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh, bummer on the power going out! I just hate that! One time, I was sitting on an ebay auction, waiting for it to be almost over so I could bid on it without driving up the price and boom! Out went the power! And I wanted that cute little hoodie for my boy! :)

I love a fresh crisp clean bed! Mines just been made about three days ago. Fresh enough for me. I'm off to bed. :)

2:55 am  
Blogger Laclos said...

As a kid I liked it when the power went out as it meant candles! Here in the city there are no power outages to speak of and so nothing to stop my totally frivolous EBAY purchases. ;-)

5:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home