Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just call me Rose.







'Cause I might do some rambling.

I had to post some more pictures of the Dan boy with the little ones. Just look at how they gaze at him!! I'm sure it has nothing to do with him taking them out and buying remote control cars and planes and then spending hours playing with them outside. It is sweet to the soul to see my children be like this together.

He's gone home now and left behind a general feeling of happiness that he was here. It was particualry good for me to see him this time. The therapy I have been having has made me see so many things more clearly, Dan is OK, he isn't damaged or sad or troubed by the events of his childhood. He is a joy to be around but he isn't perfect. He is human, he swears too much, he is still painfully untidy ( one of these days I will turn up unexpected at his flat and see if his own home is still immaculate or if it was knowing I was coming to visit that made him pull out all the stops!!)He is still very, very nice. Great that everyone is so pleased to see him and enjoys having him around.

Next subject please......

If I want advice, I will ask for it. I will ask my mum or my doctor, perhaps a friend or health visitor. I have been known to ask my Bishop what I should do or say or how I should act.
I have never written to an agony Aunt. Why would I ask a stranger who doesn't know me what I should do in any situation? The same goes for my blog.
I write some of what I feel. Sometimes I am flippant. Occassionally I am morose, miserable, depressing. Often I am funny, sarcastic, irreverant.
It's my blog and I'll write what like and I'll keep to myself what I choose to keep to myself.
I don't need people I don't know telling me what mistakes I am making. Shut up. Go away.
I don't want to know , quite frankly, if you don't like me or disagree with me. Don't leave your anonymous comments, tell me your name and why you think you know better than me. ( If you must, can't promise I will give a monkey's nipple, but hey, tell me if you think it will make a difference.It will make a difference if you have more children than me, with a bigger age spread,who have the same special needs as mine,if you have been a single parent for 10 years and if you now have a husband like mine and live the same life as me but have done everything right and made no mistakes, in that case don't leave a comment, move in and show me how you do it, please.)Just because you read my blog doesn't for a moment mean you know the ins and outs of my whole life, truy it doesn't.
Advice is good, by all means say something like " Hey Helen, have you thought about........" Or " I wonder if ....might be a good idea"
For heavens sake don't leave a comment that reads like a holier than thou, what do you expect because you are stupid, kind of deal. All that does is annoy me and I don't need annoying. I have toddlers who have tantrums, 4 year olds who have clothing issues, 5 year olds who think they are 19, teenagers who think they are adults, a husband who likes his underwear folded a certain way and who doesn't like Big Brother. I have chocolate that I can't eat. I am annoyed enough. My blog is my escape. GO AWAY unless you think I am completely fantastic. Thankyou.

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Man I hate those holier than thou types. Sorry to hear you got trolled on again :(

From all you've told us of all your children there isn't a single one in the lot that I wouldn't adopt in a heartbeat!

Love ya!

Keep smiling.... Julie

8:17 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I love you Helen! :)

And he he to the monkey's nipple! Not sure why, but that is funny to me! :)

11:18 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Well, I think you are completely fantastic. And I think people who give unsolisited ASSVICE are completely moronic.

Maybe it's like what we tell our girls, "the boys only chase you and beat you up because they like you."

HUGS! Keep up that Fabulous job!!

~Lisa~

1:06 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Helen, IM sorry that some moron takes pleasure in reading your blog and leaving her wonderful parenting advice for you. For what it's worth, I think you are doing a great job and hope that I can be as great of a mother as you are!

He is an adult and will make poor choices sometimes. That doesn't mean he needs to be beat or sent to confinement in his room. I bet Ms. Suzy doesn't even have teenagers (prob not even kids)..they are always the best at giving such "wonderful" advice to parents.

2:35 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I've had my head in a hole somewhere! First JJBB gets in the wreck of the century and now someones jacking with my Helen! Helen, darling! Have you been hit by the Anonymous bug too? I had to put my blog on Comment Regulation to keep dirty comments out! Bless your heart, Rose! I think you are fantastic! I love your blog! Rock on, Baby! Rock on! Kiss from King!

6:22 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I dont know what kind of surprise you had for my Julie Julie Bo Boolie when she got back home, but let me say thank you, because I dont have her address and I cant send her flowers. THANK YOU HELEN!!! I'm so glad no one got killed! I hope they ok!

6:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're fantastic. Way to go on the weight loss, you look fab. Dan looks scrummy too!! Your littles are so darn cute! Lucky Lucky You.
Kaje x

11:52 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

I think your fantastic, an now I will say it. You're fantastic.
Next time you get one of those comments, kick thier nasty asses off. Who has time to worry about what other people think? Not me. Certainly not you.
Love the pictures of the boys. They always bring a smile to my face love

-Lo

3:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home