Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Oooooooh couldn't you just eat 'em on a biscuit?

Little boys legs, that is. Summer and shorts and little legs, all brown and scuffy , the bruises sort of make them even more delicious looking.
Yes, my friends, we have HAD SOME SUNSHINE!! In fact we are told we can expect some more...Yippee-ey-ay.
H has taken the boys to gramma's park,2 days running, it's not gramma's of course, but its so near to her house that we lay claim to it. It has a great paddling pool and those boys are in seventh heaven. My Isaac wore shorts, brave boy, all that air and stuff hitting his legs and shorts tickling his thighs, he did wear his black socks and school shoes with them of course, Rome wasn't built in a day and for heavens sake, if he has worn SANDALS or NO socks,or even sandals AND no socks, well, who knows what could have happened. Phew, he saved the way the world turns by sticking with what is safe, my Isaac, my hero. ( and H my even braver hero, who doesn't bat an eyelid at walking down the street with him, who never suggests that maybe, just maybe white socks would look good? But H wears socks with his sandals so maybe that explains a lot.)
I went to the doctors today while they were out, yesterday looking good, today.....sheesh, sight for sore eyes and no mistake, swollen throat, swollen tongue even a swollen neck and face...beautiful and very grumpy making. Great for the diet though, it took me 30 minutes to drink half a slimfast!
Weird voice with a fat tongue...of course I have not an iota of authority with the gitlets...I mean to say, would you come running if a someone were to croak "OK, I thed tum here wite now! NOW! Excyooth me, are you lithenin? "I'm not sure what has caused it, the boys have had a similar kinf of virus, without the swelling, I bought an 'all night' nasal spray and really hope that it's a reaction to that, it burnt like billy-oh, so that's in the bin and please PLEASE may the tongue get better.
I had Jordan take a full length picture today, I am even smiling, in a slightly mad sort of way. I'm not posting it though...not until I don't look like it anymore! I am going to be excited for the day when I can do a Julie, and post before and after pictures and feel the THRILL that she SO must feel to have done so completely brilliantly. Julie, you are an inspiration to so many of us, you are a star!!!!
I am going now, to wrap myself in a lavender neck warmin gthingy, drink some lemon, honey and ginger, lie on my squashy sofa with my snuggly blanket and watch a funny DVD. In peace and quiet, and I am not going to do sit ups or leg raises. Oh no I'm not.

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

3:48 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Helen. And yes, take it easy, that sounds awful. :(

Take care and you too are an inspiration. :)

2:17 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Oh no! God! It's not strep is it? So sorry you're sick again. I'm gonna have to get the soup out again and do a root on ya! Get well soon! And thanks for all you do for me! Kiss King

5:50 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ick, it sounds nasty whatever you have! I hope your poor tongue recovers. I'm looking forward to your before and after pics - I have no doubt that they will be marvelous!
Duncan will only wear shorts if we tell them they are "capri's" and Matthew still tugs at shorts until they are hanging down by his ankles, so we just let him wear his long pants, even on blistering hot days. It's raining today (what a surprise) and we've nowhere to go, so of course they are wearing absolutely nothing.....

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home