Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Heaven forbid I should just smile or something!!






I had my hair cut, in a posh place, they know what they are doing and I think that I need someone who knows what they are doing, it makes me feel very good to have soft, straight hair that sort of flip flops and feels fabulous. It scares me a bit that I spend this money on me, but it is the ONLY money I spend on me and it's 4 times a year. Worth it, I am worth it....I am SO worth it. ( see? I can do it, tell myself I am worth it) Where's the mirror? I have LOVELY hair, all soft and beautifully cut and I took the pictures myself, does the wild stare look suit me? It's meant to be a sexy look,unfortunately, it actually turned out a bit mad and psychotic, it's as near as I can manage!!My sisters look at the camera and smile and they look happy and normal and nice, mum and I get a frozen fear look and appear a bit scarey. Never mind, I have nice hair, shiny hair, straight hair ( with the help of GHD straighteners and some snazzy lotions and sprays)
I quite like my eyes when they have make up on, ( it's hard isn't it, this complimenting oneself, I think I have run out now, 2 out of 3 ain't bad)

8 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Well done, Helen!!! And you do have some very beautiful eyes!!!

I know what you mean about the trying to look sexy or something and it just not coming out right. I will smile or get that (what i think is) sexy look and it never turns out that way.=(

12:44 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I just can't compliment myself. It is hard! :)

I like the new do! And yes, by all means, you deserve some pampering. :) I love to get my hair done. It's been so long since I have though.

3:15 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

You look fantastic Helen - and you have the most beautiful eyes!! Gorgeous blue peepers we call 'em!
I am amazed at how much Sophie looks like you. Everytime you gush about your gorgeous girl, you are indirectly complimenting yourself, since you are cut from the same mould! Both of you lovely, and isn't it nice to pamper yourself a bit. You have much to smile about - perhaps we'll have to catch you when you are unaware, smiling at something delightful that one of your kids has said or done. I love the new hairdo.

8:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,

You look FABULOUS! Good for you for taking some time out for you (and spending some money, too)!

I, for one, am sitting here with M&M's, diet soda and a cookie while DH has taken the kids for a walk. It's perfect "my time."

Rachel
ps I didn't fall off the face of the earth and I promise I will reply to your email!

9:47 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OMG I LOVE your hair! the cut, the colour the way the colour goes with your eyes! the eyes! the chin .. ALL of it!!! FABULOUS HELEN!!!! You must promise to treat yourself more often.. the results are truly GRAND!

Hugs

Julie

1:01 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I'm with everyone else!! You look HOT HOT HOT!!! Love the colour, love the cut, love you :)
Sophie definitely comes by hear beauty honestly!!

~Lisa~

8:49 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I couldnt leave posts yesterday, so I'm late. The pictures are all so beautiful. My favorite is the one of you not smiling and looking straight ahead. your eyes are gorgeous! And your red hair. I love it. Kiss King

5:57 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I meant I couldnt post comments...actually I could post.

5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home