Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, May 19, 2006

OK, enough breathing already.

I am coming out of my self imposed exile, I am on the verge of Ok-ness, particularly tonight, having watched a fabulous weekly show called grumpy old men,which makes me laugh-properly, can't beat that. I love grumpy old men, except when the one I live with takes things too far and begs for a smack in the head, or on the head( very satisfying on a bald head let me tell you)I so shouldn't laugh at his expense as he as been particularly sweet of late and even made himself talk to me, in a loving and supportive way,for probably at least half an hour, which is a long time when talking about emotional things is painful to you. We were both reassured when we realised that nothing had dropped off and the sky didn't fall down either. Maybe he will even be able to do it again, in a year or two,I like him, so no bald head smacking this week.
I have a gripe though, its about 'my space'. what IS that all about? I keep trying to read it, understand it, but my brain and eyes get insulted, they all seem so MANIC, busy busy, flashing things and noise and more noise, I can't ever seem to actually read one of these blogs. If I click on 'read this blog' I get told that either nothing has been written or I need to be a friend. I give in and scuttle back to my quiet blogs, my nice blogs with writing and sometimes a nice tune. Thankyou my gentle blogger friends, for your simple layouts and clear writing. I love you.
Oh...OH, my car is mended. At last. It is home and happy to have new shocks and a new airflow meter, not to mention the new throttle, and so it should. It cost a lot but not as much as the Toyota man wanted. I think my car likes me for spending so much money on it and is going to be kind right back and actually work.
It did me good to take a break, I have slept well for the past few days and that makes everything so much better. I spent a day or two with Dan and am reassured that he is fine, that he truly doesn't remember any of the horrors of that time so long ago. Slowly I am putting it all in it's place and very soon I will be able to grab and hold onto all the great things that life has to offer NOW. Never mind what was, there is so much right now to be had and enjoyed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh yay! Helen is back!

I can't like myspace either Helen. I have a page, but just in case someone from high school would like to find me. Nothing special added to it and not going to add to it. I prefer the plain old blogs as well.

I'm glad you spent some time with Dan. It sounds like it helped you. :)

Glad to hear you have your car running as well. That is great news.

3:44 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Aint it the truth! I can't "get the my space" thing either. I have a few friends that have one but like you said, things flashin and it takes an act of God to get in one. (Sorry Jennifer and Christine!) I liked this last post of yours. And I graciously thank you for the encouragement you've given me in my comments section. You've lifed me up, actually. And I'm so gald you're back writing! I cant imagine you smacking anyone eihter! You write well. I'm hoping you'll write a book someday.. God bless your car!Kiss, King

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home