Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

That is SO not funny.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't adore my children, you all know I do, they are divine lumps of gorgeousness, especially when asleep. They aren't asleep yet, they have been awake for many hours now, noisily and sort of grizzlingly awake. We tried an outing, in the mended car ( which really really likes me, I put in £10 of petrol, which was getting me a pathetic 26 miles before garage holiday and we did..wait for it.....76 MILES before the gas light came on. WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!)but it rained and they didn't seem to appreciate the joy in my voice as I was yelling over the screaming " but LOOK we have done 37 miles and there's still petrol left!!" They wanted whatever toy was out of reach and whatever drink we didn't have and they wanted to BE THERE NOW!!!
We almost got there and the heavens opened, heavy rain that hurts and gets you very wet, very fast... with wind....sort of sideways rain that H didn't believe existed when he lived in L.A. he knows now that it is real, very real and happens even in may, when it's almost June.
We came home and had a nap. I went shopping and bought delicious things that would cheer grumpy boys up and let them use their mouths for things other than whining and fighting and even more whining. Talented kids, they can eat and whine at the same time.
We ate dinner, and cleaned up and not 12 minutes ago I sat down with a feeling of well being because we have done so much and so now, NOW it has to be time for bed..... It must be late. Soon I will glory in the delighful sight of 3 sleeping boys.
It is 5.21. That is SO not funny.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm feeling your pain - as I look at my clock and see that it's 5:37pm, and I was POSITIVE that it was bedtime.....Must be something in the air. We've had a week of that bloody rain, stir-crazy boys that are bickering and whining, and are OH so ready - Who am I kidding - *I* am so ready to put them to bed.
Where are you driving so far to anyway?

9:42 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It is 10:30 here. I want my boy to pass out so I can! Long day with him. And the old boy too!

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent Saturday in town with my 2 darlin daughters. Googoo 5 years old and 3vangeline whose 8 years old and they get along great. We went ice skating and then ate out at a little restaurant, then bought balloons and set them free and when we got back to the hotel all of us collapsed, especially me. Thank God Hans and 3vangeline's grandmother was with us. I woul dhave never made it! Girls squeal! About everything! Loved your post! Actually I love rain. I love to read and write when its raining outside. I find I love the isolation rain creates. Not much going in and out. I can be very selfish. I'm learning!

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home