Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shame on you England.











I REALLY wish we had these in England, I need one, NEED one, like little boys need sling shots and marbles, teenage girls need inappropriate clothes, men need gadgets. I NEEEEEEEED a safari wagon. The other one, the toddler wagon is more practical and folds and stuff and I would love that one- but the safari wagon....I NEED it.

England doesn't do many things, it doesn't do refills on soda. It doesn't do food halls or soft pretzels.
It has never done drive through movies or July 4th. It doesn't do thanksgiving. It tries to do Halloween but I wish it wouldn't because it it pales into nothingness compared to the extravaganza of the U.S.A.
It doesn't do 12 lane freeways ( hooray!) or drive through banking ( hooray again)actually it doesn't do drive through anything except MacDonalds.
It doesn't do yellow school buses, graduation ceremonies or proms.

I can forgive England for all this, after all it does do national health care and DOESN'T do bills for being sick.
I just can't forgive it for not doing Step 2 safari wagons. Why would England suppose that we wouldn't need a wagon to pull our babies in?
Why would it imagine we can go through life without sitting our little boys in one of these and walking to the park with drinks in the little drinks holder and smiling boys waving out of the side ? Why would it dare to imagine that I, because I am English, wouldn't walk tall and show off and yell, by my very demeanor, that I am the proud owner of this wagon and yes, I made those divine and beautiful little people riding in such luxury inside? That I don't deserve to walk along nodding from side to side at passers by who would stop in admiration at such a wagon with such children inside?
Shame on you, England for this omission.
Hang your head in shame, Toys R us, for not importing these wagons ( or even just one, for ME, which would be even better because then I could be not only proud, but smug, in a " Yes, isn't it the grandest wagon ever and guess what, you can't have one, because it is THE ONLY ONE IN ENGLAND! It is mine and you won't be able to get one because England doesn't do wagons, didn't you know? Sorry." sort of way, that would be very unchristian and all but I would later repent and give it to another mummy with sweet children when mine outgrew it and then I would still get to heaven anyway.)
I accept that I can't have a shiny new car with seats that don't smell of old milkshake but my heart won't ever accept that I can't have one of these. Never.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Looks like a cute little ride. :) Bummer you can't get them there.

I'd truly miss soft pretzels if we didn't have them here. Just something I really like. :)

12:02 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

That is a very nice wagon. I love that it has the top...protects their little bodies from the scorching sun!! I WANT one, too!

12:25 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

Those are nice. Reminds me of when I used to want one of those mini battery-powered Jeeps (or a Barbie Ferrari, whichever Santa wanted to give me). My wish never came true but I hope yours does!

Like the new look, by the way. Thanks for adding me to your "links!"

3:28 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sadly, the kidlets rarely actually STAY IN the wagons preferring to pull it themselves.

I much prefer my bike trailer which has never and probably never will be attached to my bike LOL

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your contribution to the blog world. There are some free subliminal mind training tools that helped me with fear and forgiving--the whole letting go process, and you can get them with no hitches attached at www.innertalk.com/

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home