Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A whole year!!

I am so excited. I have been 44 for ages,wishing I wasn't so old but getting ready to be 45. Next month. Very soon. Oh sweet joy, tonight I realised that I am only 43, a mere baby, spring chicken. I shall be 44 on my birthday which always goes by unremembered, so I might not even be 44 then. I might just be 43 another year because I missed this year.
I expect when I am very old I will know how old I am.
When you are 4, you know it and you tell everyone, you are proud of how old you are and it matters.
When you are 93 it suddenly becomes important again and it starts to be mentioned at every opportunity.
" would you like a cup of tea ?"
" Yes please dear because I am 93 you know."
When you are 43 or 44 it is so insignificant that you even forget yourself.
Marvellous.
All our birthdays are in July and August, except for Sophie's, which is typical because she has always been one to be different, hers is in march.
In July we have me 24th, Elijah 26th, Jordan 29th.
August is H. 9th, Isaac 10th, Seth 22nd and Dan 25th. These months pass in a blur of cake and wrapping paper. By September, when school starts again, we are ready, we are partied out and for me, at least, it would appear that I erase it all from my mind, even the number.
I feel younger today, well I am younger aren't I? This morning I was 44, looking 45 in the eye and now FORTY THREE, how cool is that?
Are you impressed with how easily I am pleased? How simple it is to lift me up and cheer me? I like it that such small things thrill me so.

4 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

LOL! Thank you. I too have been known to forget my age, and my husband's age!! and we're only 26 and 29......I think ;)

I say, you're totally marvelous, no matter what age! And to lose a year in your 40's, well, how fabulous is that!?

love and hugs!

~Lisa~

2:16 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Wow, you sure do have a busy summer with bdays! My bday is in Aug too..the 11th!

Well, how nice to lose a year! LOL. Do we all get that opportunity in our forties???? LOL

2:33 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Mine is July 17. I wish it was July 7th so it could match that old blues record "Mannish Boy" but its really the 17th. I probaby got on my blog the 7th. Well I can have 10 birthdays if I want it! Hahaha! You look wonderful, your life is just beginning! Plus you so sexy!! Kiss King

5:58 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I always have to stop and think of my age. I guess I just don't feel 42. I think I'm 42! ;)

Our birthdays (just the 6 of us) go from Christmas to March 2. It is crazy how that worked out.

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home