Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Don't like it, not one bit.

Seth is on a sleepover. A SLEEPOVER! He is 5.....I cant stand it. I knew he would want to come home and would never stay. At 9.30pm I called and he was so excited and so I took over his blanket and pillow. And his nunny because he might be big enough for a sleepover but he isn't too big for a nunny.
I am all of a quandry about sleepovers. I didnt let the others do them until they were very big, but they were a special case and my head made me so extra careful. With these boys I know I have to allow them to have the fun but when is it OK? What do you do to make sure you aren't leaving them with people who might harm them? I just have to go with my instincts.
I was so proud of him for having such fun and EATING THE FOOD! He was just having a blast.
Please let him keep having fun and be safe and let the night go fast so I can see he is safe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OH HUGS! I'm positive I won't sleep a wink the night of Sarah's first sleepover! EEEK!

Good on you for being brave Mum!

Hugs

2:05 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Aaawwww! I'm sure he will be just fine,but I know you won't rest until he is back in your care, safe and sound. It's good that he is having a great time though! ANd try to get a few winks of sleep at least. Why can't they just stay little??

4:18 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Dear Helen,
My heart goes out to you! I know exactly the feeling you're having! I am OVERLY PROTECTIVE I guess because of my past! I dont trust family, or hired people or teachers, or priests or bus drivers or doctors or therapists or body guards or babysitters or friends. If my father was alive, as much as I love him, and GOD KNOWS I LOVE HIM, I would not trust him. Kiko knows I dont trust her either because she gets too heavy into a book, and whose watching the kids? I know I am overboard to the point of not healthy. As JJBB said, bless you for being BRAVE!
Also I want to thank you for a comment you left on my blog! It was the Greatest of Father's Day gifts I got or that anyone could have ever given me. You said I looked so much like Johnny you were sure he was my Father! That comment will go on with me forever! Thank you for it! That comment is like a living companion to me now and forever! Thank you, Helen! God bless you, and thank you for saying that! It meant the living WORLD to me! It meant everything to me. EVERYTHING! Kiss King

11:12 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh my heart is beating so fast! I am dreading Jenna's first sleepover as well. I KNOW whe will be calling to come home...she's THAT kid :)

I hope Seth's sleepover went wonderfully, and that he's filling your ears with tales of staying up late, and eating lots of junk :)

HUGS!!!

~Lisa~

5:30 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Brave you!
Duncan has yet to spend a night away from home, although Grandma has generously offered him a special night this summer with his brothers and they'll all sleep over. I'll trust grandma ;), and even then I'll miss them (but not so much, as I suspect I might enjoy a kid free night with dh too ;)

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home