Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Croak.

Seth is home, asleep in his own bed, in his horrible Woody suit. He had a blast and midnight feasts, he stayed up most of the night and woke up horriblt early and was grumpy all day. Perfect sleepover. I made it through too. Hooray!

So, croak. What's that all about? Well, its about the darned throat. That is STILL sore and hoarse. I sound a bit sexy, or sick. Depends what mood I'm in. Croak.
This has been going on since March. When my dad was dying. When I stopped myself crying (which was all the time) I would get this sore throat and the croaking hoarse voice. Bizarre. But then I cried, a lot, all the time. Still sore though and still croaking. So?!?!?
Anti-biotics, worked while I was taking them but as soon as I stopped, it came back again. The Dr says that if this is still going on at the end of next week he wants to do blood tests. It's been sore and croaky and blistered and swollen since MARCH, why wait another week?
I've read some books that say this is all to do with holding in things I don't want to say. If that's the case I must be holding something back that even I don't know about because I have spilled every secret and misery making sad thing I can think of. I've walked the walk and definately talked the talk.....I would scream if I had any kind of voice that would sound satisfying! Hardly worth it for a croak is it?

I am sure that a great holiday would cure all, we're going away in 8 weeks. I am excited. I don't think the holiday we are going on is going to be the kind I need....that would be a break away on my own, or with H, sleeping and being quiet and not having any deadlines or stresses. The one we are oing on is an 8 hour drive away, is in a place filled with noise and fun and busy busy BUSY. It will be good though. It will also be with the 3 bouncy loud people. Making memories, the very best kind.

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh, Helen, make sure they stay on top of your throat issues.

Glad that Seth's sleepover went so well!!!!!

11:55 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh Helen! I can't imagine being sick like that for SO long!! Good luck on getting your doctor into gear on solving the problem!

Do you have Riccola cough drops there? I love them!

Yay on Seth making it through the sleepover!!

~Lisa~

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home