Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh, and......

I am actually a bit nervous being at home without H. When I drive them to the airpot at 4am, I was sort of stunned to discover that I am still very afraid of being out in the dark. Really afraid, cold sweat and praying kind of afraid.
The closer I got to the airport, knowing I was going to have to drive back alone, I got more and more sick inside. I prayed " please don't let the car die, please don't let me get stuck in the dark alone, please don't let anyone kill me...." I felt dizzy and nauseous, and mad that I still feel like this. I was mad until I realised that everyone has fears, some people are afraid of spiders, balloons, heights, needles.... I am afraid of the dark, outside. I love the dark INSIDE, but having to go out, even to put bins out, run to the car, any reason. I just hate it. I know all kinds of evil and bad are waiting in the shadows for me. So what? I shall simply keep doing what I do, stay in, or go out with someone. Hardly life shattering is it?
I don't like going to bed with the H man, if Jordan is at home I feel safer but if he is working in the kitchens at work, he sleeps there, he wasn't at home last night. I think he's here tonight though. Phew.
I have done my ironing. Big deal you may say, it is indeed I shall reply. I have been tripping over my ever growing iroing pile for 10 days, it was unavoidable tonight, I could scarecely see over it and unless we want to sport that horrible fashion called the crinkle look, I had no choice, we have no clothes left. My back aches now in a satsified and smug sort of way. I can walk into the kitchen and see the sides ( hoorah, for now free of cakes and ketchup sachets) My tumble drier seems to be non functioning though, it is cold...sooooo coooooooold. I need my drier , I need to have a hot drier to dry clothes. No line outside here. I truly don't want to have to go the launderette route. It's a newish drier too, bought it in January so it should still work, bad drier DRY MY CLOTHES ( I say 'my' but mean 'their', much more of their stuff than my stuff) don't go thinking that if the car got away with it you will too, I shall send you back from whence you came, with a flea in your ear if you think you can pack up and die. Mark my words.
I might well be afraid of the dark but a tumble drier holds no fear for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

I am afraid of the dark to a degree, as well. I don't like to even go down my hall when it is dark..i will turn the hall light on first. So, you aren't alone!

1:59 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

My dryer will not heat if the vent is blocked. And it gets blocked once and a while. It's easy to clean the lint out and worth a try. :) Be sure and go outside to where it vents out and make sure it is all clear.

I don't like the dark either. It bothers me more than it used to as well.

1:35 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Aww I'd come and keep you company if it wasn't for the darn ocean :(

5:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm afraid of the dark, as well. I have to sleep w/a light on in my kitchen (just the over -the-stove-light), in case I have to get up in the m iddle of the night. I hate going to the gym at night, but that's the only time I can go. When the sun even starts dipping in the evening, I draw my shades.

(((hugs)))
Jes

7:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

///-*----------------------------------------------

7:15 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

that last comment was Mercy.
Sorry. :-)

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home