Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One of those days.....

Today began on a high that was just ...well high. No-one woke me up, imagine that. Me, 3 little boys, ( 2 of which are known for waking at the crack of dawn on a good day) and 2 teenage girls - who have only seen the early morning because they haven't been to bed yet, certainly not because they get up early. I was ready for the dawn chorus.....but missed it, I fell asleep ( get this) at 11.30 pm and woke up briefly for a wee around 4am ( amazed that I had already been asleep 4.5 hours and it was still around the time I normally get to sleep) I was a tad squished because both Seth AND Isaac were asleep beside me, and went back to sleep straight away. At 8am I woke again. EIGHT O'CLOCK......where am I? Where is H? Uh oh....WHERE ARE THE BUGGLETS?!?!?
Well, H is in Paris, I was in heaven and the boys? They were downstairs, being looked after by Seth aged 6 and 1 week, who had decided that he was my helper and had found clothes and dressed not only himself but Isaac and Elijah as well. He had also fed them all breakfast ( breakfast bars, yoghurt and pringles ....well 2 out of 3 ain't bad!)
I absolutely steadfastly refuse to imagine what could have happened had they decided to choose other activities. Life is too short.
I praised the boy to high heaven and told him that the activity of the day was his choice, absolutely were we at his mercy. He made a great choice. He chose the birds of Prey sanctuary at a local garden centre. We went with grandma and Auntie Leah and saw all the birds he hoped to see. He was giddy with excitement to learn that the Perigrin Falcon is the fastest creature on the planet . 200 miles an hour can they travel. Amazing, we saw one. He held a barn owl, even though he was very afraid.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another treat was to have his hair cut at the barbers....Eli did as well but Isaac, no thankyou, it's a no go , he'll suffer mummy and the blunt clippers rather than let a stranger touch him, he shuddered at the very idea and stiffened and even screamed when I thought I might be able to sit him on the stool and charm him through a really good cut. Darn it. Will have to cut it myself.

I am increasingly amazed that I did this single parent deal for 10 years. Granted, I was much younger in those days but heavens to betsy it so isn't fun doing it all!! No, I take that back..some of it IS fun, I kind of like the challenge , I really like the satisfaction but ack ....... it is SO hard!
The days seem so much longer . I am very used to being able to duck out on my own if there is something we need, taking three little people with me on every errand is exhausting. Watching three little boys running in three different directions is beyond taxing.
I miss H. I hope he is having a great time in Paris but I want him home!! I miss his quick wit, I miss hearing his gentle snore and listening to him breathe at night. There's a gap where he belongs and a sink full of dishes in the kitchen.
Tomorrow who knows what we will do, I'm sure it will be fun and I know it will be loud and it will be a happy day because it is the last one before daddy comes home. Seth said as he went to bed that he is a helper again tomorrow...HOORAH!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you having a good time. You can cut hair? I'm with the kid I hate barbershops, they talk and want you too if you dont its hard to sit there. Take care. Kiss King

11:35 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Also glad you're having a good time with the boys...and I love your header! It's beautiful!

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home