Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, August 04, 2006

That's more like it.

What a glorious day. Perfect weather and an afternoon with the girls, we had lunch, as you do.....and we sat outside

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here...is this beautiful? Indeed it is...

And had a glass of Ice cold, local spring water....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and we ate.....oh such deliciousness its hard to describe so just look at the homemade turkey and cranberry pie, new potatoes and salad....



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
was it low fat? Did I care? Not a gnats nipple. It was delicious and refined in the garden and Debbie made us laugh til we wheezed and spluttered
( just like those boys of mine the other night)
Babies crawled in the grass and little boys ranand were noisy and we tut tutted because we were being all grown up and childless for an hour or 6 1/2.


Julie's husband called and we had to hightail it off to meet him at a wood yard as Julie had his business credit card..shame then that we had to drive past a place we know has a bit of a scrumtious cafe....so dessert there then. Julie wouldn't let me take pictures and said I had to write that we had fresh fruit salad....I think her cake might have had Lemon flavouring in it....my Pecan and toffee cheescake had nuts and Debbie's chocolate gateau had cream which is from milk which is very good for women of our age, crumbling bones and all that.

Today was so good I forgot I have purple hair. It doesn't get better than that does it?
Oh..it DOES get better...get your kid to do the ironing....perfect.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh and you know why else I love living here?
look at this crime statistics report for last year....

Sexual offences 1
Population 122,650
Robbery offences 0
Theft of a motor vehicle offences 2
Violence against the person 15
Households 53,000 -
Burglary dwelling offences 3
Theft from a vehicle offences 7

the crime numbers are per 1000 people in the area.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

What a delightful day!!! And I love it that your boy was ironing...can I hire him too??

6:48 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

That picture of the yard was beautiful! and the plate of food looked sooo yummy!!!

6:53 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I can tell you from my nights out with Jenn and Warpie that kidless outings with the ladies are definitely one of the things that makes life worth living.

So glad you had a nice day :)

Hugs

Julie

7:43 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It's been a long time since I went out to lunch. I might have to snatch up my girls and haul them out. :) Sounds like so much fun!

9:08 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

OMG it looks delightful!!!! I feel like I was there with you all!!!!!

1:00 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

It was beautiful, Helen.
Kiss King

10:01 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Lovely!!! Turkey and cranberry pie?! Oh that sounds goooooood!!!!!

How very responsible of you all to choose such healthy desserts Helen!! ;) ;)

gnats nipple??? I LOL at that one!!!

Lovely post :)

~Lisa~

10:48 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I have already left a comment here and a further comment for this post on my blog, Helen. There is only one picture here that disturbs me and it's the picture of sweet little ole boy with the iron. With so much energy in your home it stresses me some that so young a child should be handling such a dangerous device as an iron. I know I'm overly porotective. I apologize. But I do want to pass along a little thing that we do being that I have children, 2 cats and a dog:
When ironing is done at our home, we take the hot iron, unplug it and roll the cord around the handle. Then we place the iron in the freezer. This way I dont have to worry about accidents with a hot iron. I just thought I would pass that tip along as if I were Helouise ro something. Kiss King

1:36 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

king, ,you know Me...mother worry! I stood there without moving, watched him every second, the minute ironing is finished ( and usually I do it in the middle of the night when the insomnia and twitchy legs are crazy) The iron gets put away out of reach. Remember I have been a mum for 21 years have been carer to 40+ children, there is never a pan handle that isn't turned to the back of the stove, not a flex to be reached. I tend to think if you teach them early what dangers there are they respect it more, rather than make anything sort of ' forbidden treasure' these kids have used hammer drills and saws but always with eagle eyes trained on them!! Thankyou for caring though dear man!

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home