Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ho hum kind of day.

One of those days that a die hard blogger dreads.....booooooring. Poorly foot ( probably from such unaccustomed standing on and walking about with ) not quite sure what the deal is but it hurts and makes me grumpy. Boring.
Did spend a lovely 30 minutes in the smashing scrap book / craft shop and began to understand how so many women can become really REALLY hooked, also, how lying could become an issue, you know like "hey, look I am going to make our christmas cards because we can save a fortune" ( so not true, very not true) and how one could be tempted to sneak home and peel price tags off and tip pretty little cut out reindeers and holly leaves into a ziplock bag so it looks like you maybe cut them out yourself, or have had these handy little bits and bobs hanging around for simply months. Not that I would do any of those things you understand because that's underhand and all...just saying that I see how it could happen.
I am going to make my cards, I am rediscovering my artsie fartsie side and loving it all.
In a copy cat way, (because JJBB said this and I love her, so copy her as often as possible) should you feel that life or christmas wouldn't be complete without a hand made card from me ( which, if they are crappy and embarrassing will be made to look as if the boys made them, don't be fooled, the chances of them being allowed near this stuff are very slim. To none.) email me your address and then I shall lose it and I will ask again , probably when it's too late to mail them. I am beginning to know myself so well.
I do have 3 boxes of cards that I wrote 3 years ago, and never sent. I am hopeless at posting cards and things but I am determined to turn over a new leaf so you never know.
Someone came to the house the other day and was a bit wistful that the scary halloween room is now just a spare room with already growing piles of 'stuff that should be somewhere else' but ..where?.....she then asked if it was going to be a grotto for Christmas.....what do you think? I think it will.
I don't think grandpa will be here this year and so....we so could.
6 weeks and 6 days until Christmas day. Whoohoo.

COMPLETE CHANGE OF SUBJECT COMING NOW... SHOWING HOW FICKLE MY MIND IS THESE DAYS........

Oh....OH Elijah, aged 3 years and 3 months. IS OUT OF NAPPIES AND PULLUPS! At last.
I sort of had the idea that he was ready, any child that can go upstairs choose himself a change of clothes and THEN pee, change himself and then tell you he just did all that...well it seemed to me that he was ready to just sit down and pee for heavens sake.
So, I left a comment for the Sarcastic journalist on a post she did about potty training, she took the time to email me and say " just tell him enough already, take the damn pullups away you big chicken, live dangerously, you are such a woos...be brave " stuff like that. ( except she was polite of course)
Oh hell.
So I did. He woke up last week and I said " enough matey, no pull ups, big boy underwear or boxers, whaddya think?"
" Bocktherth" And he did it, peed on the potty, every time ( pooped in his room but I was out so H got that one, ha.) he has been to church, shopping and playschool, dry.
Hooray for enormous miracles.
I bored myself so much with this entry that my attention wandered and I found myself deleting old text messages on my mobile phone.......sorry, am going to bed. Will try to be entertaining tomorrow. Promise. Foot still
hurts.
I might tell you tomorrow about how I am going to have an ultrasound of my empty womb, that'll be something to look forward to, won't it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

That is how I had to potty train both my boys. Just tell them no more. Stubborn little stinkers.

I hope you sleep well Helen.

12:04 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

well I didn't think it was boring at all! I quite enjoyed your tips on how to fool hubby so that he doesn't know how much is spent on crafty things! and how to potty train a 3 year old boy is NEVER boring...especially stories about dads having to clean poo...hahahahahaha!! Hope your foot's better!!

1:33 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Makenneh was about that same age when she finally got the potty down.

And Im glad to hear that Im not the only one who writes out Christmas cards with good intentions and then never mail them. I do it all the time. Last year, I finally just cut down on the number of cards I sent out. Made it so much easier and less wasteful.

I'd be glad to have a christmas card from you! If you need my address again, let me know. I will send you one too, but it's not going to be handmade. I can be crafty when i have the patience, but i just don't see it happening any time soon!

4:08 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

This was Not boring at all Helen! I even chuckled out loud a wee bit at the dumping the cutouts into plastic bags part :) I would love a card...not sure if I have your email anymore though...I'll check :)

You know what became of my cards last year? They ended up in the kids craft bin for cutting. honest. Jenna pulled one out just yesterday that was addressed to a good friend. Ugh. I WILL try harder this year!!!

YAY Eli!!! isn't it awesome when it just Clicks???

good luck with the foot and empty womb.

Hugs!
~Lisa~

12:05 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I should have added I would like to exchange cards too Helen.

I'm not sure if I have your entire address or not. Or if you still have mine. I know you have my email address though, so just let me know.

2:03 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WTG Eli!!!! I totally want a card! I'll be spending the week trying to find the address book the girls hid on me :(

Hugs

Julie

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home