Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

3 sleeps.

I almost want to whisper this.
The new house looks absolutely out of this world gorgeous.
The front room anyway. I went back this evening, upon my own ( as Elijah would say) and I froofrooed. Bugger all the scrubbing and polishing, the washing, vacuuming. I have done that 'til my hair aches ( has your hair ever ached? You have to be very very tired for your hair to ache but it is possible, even if you are bald like H, incredible isn't it?) Anyway. I put down rugs ( on the already scrubbed 4 times floor) and I put up curtain poles ( YES! ME! With cordless drills and screwdrivers and swearwords like BUGGERING HELL GET IN THERE WILL YOU DAMN THING! and also other ones that I probably shouldn't mention because people from church read this) funny thing, when I was a single mother and had to do stuff that involved screwdrivers and sweat and swearing, I would cry piteously " oh, so sad that I am abandoned and unloved and have no man to do this and what did I do that was so terrible that my husband left and now I have to do all this myself and ........." that kind of whining nonsense. Now I have me a husband who can ( and does) I tend to like to do it myself because I am so clever and who needs a man when you can do it yourself? Always best that I am completely alone when I attempt these things though because I get so incredibly irritable. I talk and curse and mutter....
" look, just damn well get in there and what? What is the matter? Why? Oh please, look it's just a bloody screw, what's the problem here? " and then when it is done I am all sweetness and light and I praise myself and stand with hands on hips and say out loud things like " Damn, I am good. Would you just look at that? LOOK! Oh. Beautiful. " which is what I said about the front room because it really REALLY looks beautiful and there is barely anything in there yet. I am itching to get there on tuesday and arrange and rearrange and shoo people out and let them carry washing machines and microwaves and hurry up and bring my chairs and couch and that TV cabinet.....thankyou, put it there and leave.......awwwww beautiful room, *stroke* and *sigh*.
I had my camera and I so nearly used it except then the effect on tuesday evening would be spoiled a bit because I tell you what, I am determined that by the time I go to bed on tuesday that room will look like something out of a glossy magazine. See if I don't.
Internet will be set up on thursday which is pretty darn good, seeing as it took 5 weeks last time ( who was in charge of getting the internet sorted last time around? Hmmmmm, wonder who!) telephone too, we can even keep our same number which is a cool number and easy to remember, a good thing for me and my brain.
Isaac found a child size guitar in the loft at the house today, he has yet to be separated from it, he says when he is a teenager he is changing his name to Jerry Lee because he loves Jerry Lee Lewis, he plays " whole lot of shaking going on" on You tube all day long and we all have to yell "MY BARN" when he asks
"What barn?" He was in 7th heaven tonight because as long as no-one looked at him, he sat with guitar on lap, strumming along and actually, I think he WAS Jerry Lee Lewis all evening long. ( and unperturbed that, as Seth so kindly pointed out, Jerry Lee didn't actually play the guitar)





They have played so hard this summer that they all actually take a nap in the afternoon, Isaac says every day that he is NOT~TIRED..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Seth reads but doesn't nap and the rest of us....heavenly snoozing. It's what makes life worth doing isn't it?
On that note, off to relax and feel smug about my new front room, that might be a parlour, or sitting room because it is Posh.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I so hear you on the conversations held with myself when working or whenever really. I've had some very colorful conversations myself when whatever I'm trying to fix or put together is not cooperating.

Your blogs are also so refreshing!!

9:59 pm  
Blogger Becca said...

I am so glad that your new house is coming together how you like it and I can't wait to see pictures on Thursday night!!!! Good for you. My phrase of choice when something isn't going quite how I think it should while DYI'ing..... "ah bleedin hell" =)

11:39 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Glad things are coming together for your new home.

And how nice to have a musician on hand now?! Makenneh had gotten a guitar last Christmas. She loved the thing. Sebastian just broke it the other day and that poor child mourned the loss of guitar. She made it clear that she wants a new one.

6:24 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Isaac and Zachary would get along just fine. :) He could join Zachary's band!

I'm glad the house is looking like somewhere you'd like to live Helen. And I'm glad your hard work is paying off.

And he he, I do that too. When putting up new hardware!

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home