Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

And the rain came down...

And down and again, the rain, well it fell and kept falling and there was not even a glimmer of sunshine. I found myself so unacceptably angry about it, losing your home? Oh well, there will be a reason and it will turn out for the best.
Disabled child? What a blessing, how lucky to have this special child to grace our lives and teach us so much.
Huge things, we can get through it and praise the Lord.
The rain, made me very, very cross. Look, we have at church about 45 children, they are, it has to be said, exceptional children, on sundays you can hear a pin drop in the room because these children have such respect, such reverence that we are in awe of them. They listen, they sing, they sit, the respond, they are obedient and glorious.
3 times a year we hold fun days for them, usually we have them with a theme and they have fun ( imagine) and learn something . This fun day was planned to be just fun, real FUN, a blast, messy and loud, a thankyou to them for just being so incredible.
All we asked for was 3 hours of sunshine, such an easy request for the Lord to grant. Yet, it rained and it rained so hard that we couldn't ignore it and go ahead anyway. Plan B was to meet at the church and have some games ( sigh, yawn) so that's what we did, the kids had a blast and although they were a bit sad that the real plans were thwarted they still threw themselves into the B plan with gusto and very loud echoey voices.
I was hard put to join in because something else came along to add to my grouchiness, I stayed in the background while Adele made all the fun happen. I took pictures though, and prepared the food.
We have glorious sunshine forecast for this next week ( naturally) and so we have kept the pools filled and hopefully, on wednesday, when Seth turns 7, we shall have a smaller version of the water day. Wonder if the forecast will actually be correct when we want it to be? Anyone want to bet?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it looks fun anyway and kids are good about change even when it makes us grouchy. Good job.

10:00 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Looks like the kids had a great time, despite having to move the party indoors. Hope the weather cooperates next week for you!

9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home