Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things.......

I am eternally grateful that I gain such enormous joy from the littlest things, my day has been full of joyful moments today.
The house, the new house , yes the new house, no longer the next house, the new one, the gleaming, fresh, sanitary, sparkling, shiny, lustrous, fresh smelling, new house is looking incredible. It smells good too.
Ahem.......I PEED on THE toilet.
Yes I did, I sort of had to hum while I did it, twitching my fingers and banishing all pictures of how it used to look, I also made my sister go first but I did it, all is well, I can live there now.
In fact, when I went back alone this evening, I wanted to live there, to sit in the summer's evening with my brilliant white net curtains billowing in the breeze.
This evening, I had several young people from church come and help and they really DID help, they scrubbed the kitchen cupboards out and cleaned a huge fridge that was so filthy, now it is gleaming and ready to be filled with cooked chicken, cheese strings and fruit juice.
They worked in the garden and dismantled a pool that was there. They cleaned the last window that I couldn't reach and hung a beautiful new curtain for me. They moved a rotten freezer and replaced light bulbs.
We are almost ready to start taking things over there.
H. is going to clean the carpets because stains, fluffy ones and nasty ones, other peoples' stains, ewwwwwwwww.
Actually the thing is, when someone is dirty and they don't clean, it is pretty exciting when someone else comes along and gives it all a good scrubbing because under the filth, it's all brand new, not worn out and threadbare. The carpets are quite good ones, now they have been vacuumed a few times they look pretty nice, when they have been cleaned and smell of kirby shampoo and cleanness, it will be a joy to walk on them.
I spoke to the landlady today, she said she was going over there early tomorrow morning, I wish I could be a fly on the wall because it is unrecognisable to the place she last saw. She said she is taking someone with her and had explained that the house was trashed and filthy.....not anymore it's not. I wonder who she is taking, what's the betting that it's an estate agent to value it and put it up for sale? That seems likely doesn't it?
My sister called this evening to say that her husband ( a landscaper) has a client who owns 25 properties, she is going to ask if he has any houses in our town....oh imagine if we can get a house, with a garden, for long term let.......that will be clean when we move in......oh sweet dreams.
I still haven't taken any pictures, somehow I can't. My landlady knows that I always take before and after pictures so I shan't tell her that I haven't and I am beginning to wish that I had, because words will never describe just how bad that house was.
I think I will wait until we are in, and it looks like home. That seems like the best plan right now. 12 days, we move in 12 days and not a thing is packed yet, actually it is because we didn't unpack most of our stuff when we moved here, hoorah! We won't unpack it this time either, all ready for 3 months time when we do this all over again. When we move out I am not even going to vacuum the next house ( I mean the one we are moving into in 12 days) if we move in and never clean or vacuum before we move out, it will still be 100% cleaner than when we got the keys.
We have done all the cleaning we are doing for this landlady.....twice over.
I hope I can sleep tonight, I am charged up and have been so busy all day that it may take a while to relax and wind down. I had a hot bath and washed my hair as soon as I walked in the door at 9.30 this evening. We were all over there this morning, H has worked so hard outside, the garden will be lovely and great for the boys. We came back at 1pm, all had a nap and then I went back this afternoon and evening. What a blessing to have H and know that I can do these things, the way I want to do them and not have to worry about home or the boys, to know that I will get home and find everything as I would like it, with clean happy boys and H waiting for me. I would feel enormous frustration if I had to be at home while H went out and I had to stay at home. Control freak, that's me!
H is working over here getting ready for saturday, we are ( can you believe how stupid we can be??) hosting a water fun day for a huge group of kids...I think about 30.
3 Pools, from huge to baby, water slides, water bombs, water pistols, hot dogs, ice lollies and FUN. So he is getting this garden ready.....nothing like keeping busy to stop you going mad is there???? PLEASE let it be sunny on saturday.
I am off to lie down and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction that comes from having achieved so much. I shall think of my curtains blowing in that summer breeze, of sweet smelling floors and new beginnings.
It's the little things that make life bearable. Glorious even.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

you are SUCH an inspiration to me Helen.

1:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done!

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home