Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, August 10, 2007

Giving you all the finger.

*~GASP~* Why? what did we do? Has she finally lost that tiny bit of decorum she was clinging to?
She may well have......but I mean Seth's finger. In all it's crispy glory.
The hospital is very pleased with his finger. ( In fact, you should probably know that the hospital could care less, as it is an inanimate object, totally lacking in emotion, the consultant at the hospital however is thrilled with Seth's finer, it just seemed quicker to say the hospital until that terribly proper part of me felt compelled to explain in full what I actually meant.)
The consultant said we should leave it uncovered when Seth is inside. I would hazard a guess that he hasn't a 6 year old boy of his own. Seth is a) a bit freaked when he is faced with this finger...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and b).....it is crispy and scabby and little boys of 6 are known to want to pick and poke at crispy and scabby things.

So we cover it up after about 10-20 minutes ( as long as I can stand to listen to the " how many more minutes, can we cover it up again yet" repetitions)
On first glance it looks truly horrible

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

but actually, when you really look closely ( ewwwwww) it is possible to see how it will heal. He is fascinated by the fact that it is now the same size as his little finger and then he gets shuddery and wants not to see it anymore please.

I understand that because I keep making myself look at it very closely and every time I do my lower body goes into twittering shivers. What IS that? When we see something painful or hear a tale of some woman giving birth, without any pain relief, to a 12lb 4oz baby, everything from the pubic bone down gets the heebie jeebies?

We are all in a state of disbelief because we have had several days without rain. Oh joy.

Isaac is 6 today, so for 12 days I have 2 six year old boys in my house.
Happy birthday beautiful Isaac, I am so glad that you stopped screaming. Those first 5 1/2 months were tough ones but you are so worth it.
You are my heart and soul boy, you filled my heart from the day you were born and somehow you have made it grow. I love knowing what is inside your head, I love that of all my children, you are the most like me. My soul recognises yours and I am beyond happy to be your mum.
I wouldn't change a thing about you ( except the putting on socks thing, I hate the putting on socks thing because those seams? The devil invented sock seams and he laughs every day when we put Isaac's socks on and THE SEAMS! THEY ARE TWISTED AND CUTTING INTO HIS FEET! FIX IT! NOW!)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There seems to be eternity in those eyes, all the things he can't say are right there to be read and understood and only the very luckiest of people can see the deepest thoughts.
I adore this boy. What did I do to deserve him? Something very, very right I presume.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Poor Seth. Can he sleep without a bandaid or cover on it?

One day, it will just look like Seth's hand, normal to all around him. My Dad lost a finger years ago in an accident at work. Down to the nub. It just looks like my Dad's hand now.

Happy Birthday to Isaac! :) I hope he has a wonderful day!

3:01 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac!!

I guess I never realized how close Seth and Isaac were in age!

I don't blame Seth for wanting it covered up. It did make me cringe a bit. But he seems to have been such a champ through the whole thing! I would have been hysterical and probably still hysterical over it!

And the sock thing...yes you have to be right. The devil invented those seams and does laugh at us. Makenneh is anal about the sock seams as well. Of course, i can't fault her, as I am the same way. IF i have socks on, the seems have to be just so! It's just a bit "fun" in a young child who hasn't the ability to make them just right themselves and so we mommies are stuck trying to get them just right.

3:24 pm  
Blogger Leeann said...

Hi!

I have a sock issue also, so I know where he's coming from. Try this, put his socks on inside out. Then the seam is on the outside and hopefully it won't bug him. That's what I do, anyway,

Let me know if it works!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

4:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my best friend's daughter has a sock issue too. OK, so how about just taping a candy wrapper around the finger...it still gets air but no visuals. or a gum wrapper, like we all have done.

5:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home