Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

another post ...same day.

I love the recycling center, got my Isaac a bike. Today his new teacher called me as I collected him, suddenly last week he joined in P.E. ( I suspect it was the superfast new running shoes he got) Today, he CHANGED INTO HIS P.E KIT! This is simply huge. For 2 years he has had his P.E kit in his bag ( white shorts, green t-shirt) but it has never seen the light of day. She said today he just got changed, not a word, went and did it and joined in like a regular kid. Why does this all worry me? Am I afraid that he will suddenly go backwards? Not sure. Am I afraid that he will stop being my Isaac and just be like every other kid. Maybe. He is so unique and so divine. I see him growing taller and changing every day and I am so sad at the loss of that tiny little man who just adored me and needed no-one else. Incredibly selfish of me to want that for longer when he is so happy to be able to do so much with the other kids. I don't want him NOT to do it, it's hard to explain except to say it felt like he would be mine for longer or something and now he is barrelling ahead and leaving that sweet gentle boy in the past. Maybe he will always be gentle and right now he is so busy being brave that he forgets that quite side a little.
Elijah is divine at the moment, there is something so glorious about having children that stop people in their tracks. Today I was taking Seth to class and a lady stopped to talk to us, she stopped for a second, stroked Eli's head and said " oh my, you are just completely beautiful. Absolutely. Just beautiful" All in a day's work thought the boy and carried on.
Seth is a great little man, there was such joy at Isaac's news that he wore his P.E kit, such celebration. Quietly a little voice said " Well, actually I always wear mine and also, I have to do very hard work in year 3"
How easy to forget the child who just plods on and does what is expected without pomp and circumstance. We have tickets tomorrow night to an honest to goodness basket ball game, can you imagine that? 40 miles away and playing against a real American team. Cheerleaders the works. Seth knows that being consistantly obedient and hard working brings it's own rewards. Sometimes it must be difficult to hear the cheers for something so mundane and taken for granted.
Pictures, here's some more.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
WHOA careful Isaac!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Strong and wiry that's what he is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Keep pedalling Eli boy!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Trying to be cool, saying " look Isaac! I do dith!"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful! Everytime you post pictures I wish I could just reach out, grab them and give them lots of hugs!!
Paulette

8:23 pm  
Blogger LexiesMomma said...

Hey Helen your boys are getting so huge! They are just goreous as well!!! I remember two very little boys and now look at them! You need to go see my blog sometime ok!!! Have a great weekend!!!

8:26 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Those boys are just sooo cute! Loved the last picture, especially! And what great strides Isaac is taking. Although, I can understand why it is hard for you.

5:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home