Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

When upon life's billows.....Edit to add a super smile!

Time for a sound of music type "these are a few of my favourite things" list, you know, when things look a bit glum and gloomy we are told to look at our blessings and we will be made cheerful and full of hope.
Hoorah. Let's do that then and also, let's throw in a 'please say hello and let me know who you are and where you are and how fabulous you think I am' plea and I am pretty sure by this bedtime I shall be skipping and tra-la-laing for all I am worth. That includes all you ' don't now how to comment but I read you every day' people, you know who you are JANE! also LEAH! and ADELE, GEMMA!!! and everyone else that tries to sneak in and read and sneak out again.
It's easy, you click on the comment thing at the end of the post and then you write about how fantastic I am and then you hit post comment or whatever it says, signing your name of course so it isn't an anonymous comment, because then I can give you credit when I see you next, we all like credit.
Actually, I am already a bit cheerful, it is sunny, I am easy to please, just give me sunshine and pretty much everything else fades into the background, open school gates for 8 hours a day and what the hell else matters?
I have done all I can, sent off letters of appeal ( that cost £4.20 to ensure it gets there tomorrow £4.20!!!!!) letters from doctors included to say "ha! just call me, I'll tell you how fit for nothing she is, truly, give me a call, the woman is crazy!"
I still don't have any paperwork from Landlady who is in Florida hope there is a hurricane but not anywhere near Lacey, in fact only right where landlady is so she has a bit of a horrible time but doesn't die. So can't get any forms filled in, can't officially change address or be officially anything.

However, ( come on down Julie Andrews!!) life otherwise is alright.
Sunshine seems to be sticking around and that means that I am able to walk around outside and see our gravel, that crunches and looks so clean and tidy. How can some little stones of different colours, thrown on the ground give me such joy? Who knows, or cares they just do, in a very big way.

My mallow tree looks so happy and blooming in it's little nook next the door. Washing is drying and blowing in a gentle breeze. I cannot tell you just how much I love to see that, not for me a faint ' ah, nice' feeling, nope a real, honest to goodness stomach flipping HOORAH! for me when I look at these things. I love it. A lot. ( can you imagine how I would feel if something huge were to be mine? I would drop dead probably with the bliss and excitement of it all)

My tooth is gone.
Dear life, the noises that came with that extraction....the dentist one side, nurse the other patting my arm when that stubborn bugger was out at last asking " are you OK? that was a tough one, are you sure you're alright?" while I hmmmmmd and nodded and gave thanks to the Lord that I had managed to get through the ordeal without ripping my capri pants off ( because I tell you I was gripping them either side, a leg in each hand and pulling so hard while she tugged and twisted and I listened to the grunting and cracking and crunching noises) My children came out of my body easier than that rotten and stinky ( and how stinky, ack) tooth came out. It is now out and I have a gaping hole that I am determined not to keep poking my tongue into because ewwwwwww, revolting. It didn't cost me a thing either, can't quite imagine what it would be like to have to go through that and THEN have to pay for the joy.

We have cable TV which means that I can watch ' Extreme makeover Home edition' and get teary eyed and imagine if the hyper and somewhat annoying Ty whatever he is called were to knock on MY door and tell me that while I am away for a week he will build me a home. I can imagine what those womens' faces would be like, how furrowed their brows would be as they heard my tale and how furiously they would nod and agree that life has been tough and they are jolly well going to build me a dream home and get misty eyed at the overwhelming bliss of helping such an unfortunate person as me out.

I have a huge rhubarb and apple crumble ready to go into the oven. I made it while I had a full mouth full of teeth, knowing that I would be able to enjoy it even with a sore mouth and gaping hole. I love me some crumble and custard, it is indeed one of my favourite things. A hug food, the best kind.

No matter where we live, people love to come to our home. What a wonderful thing that is for me. I love company, especially when they bring chocolate.
I love people turning up and visiting. I love impromptu dinners, the sort where people arrive and stay and suddenly it's dinner time and we throw together a feast. love having too many kids here and have them run around ( outside please, where we can hear them in the background, far away in the happy distance) and then go home, leaving my kids happy and tired. I love not caring if the house gets untidy( er), I adore realising that is suddenly late and the day is almost over and has been another one of fun and friendship. I am a bit sad that the school holidays are over and that means people are less likely to just arrive. Soon it will be dark early and then it will be even less likely that people will come unannounced.

Halloween stuff is in the shops! England is getting it, we are entering into the holiday atmosphere and having some fun.......I want a party again this year, everyone I know wants a party again. No money though. So......people of my town who read my blog...shall we do the party thing this year? At my house of course, we will do the whole decorating deal and organise it but do you all want in? Shall we make it a joint deal? I know there are enough of us that want another fabulous night that we can make it a great one. Let me know and we'll start arranging it all and deciding who brings what!

This house has firedoors and double glazing, this means that when you go to bed and shit ( ha I typed shit instead of shut and it made me laugh when I went back and reread it because I am sometimes a 10year old boy in my head, so I am leaving it there in case it makes you laugh as well) the door it is sooooooooo quiet. I love quiet. Can you beat perfect quiet and absolute darkness when it's time to sleep? I think not.

There are so many things right at my fingertips that make me happy. I just wanted to remind myself and I have. All is well.
And From Sam ( aged 4 and 1/4)
"Auntie Helen, would you like a chocolate biscuit?"
"no thankyou darlin'"
"but why?"
"well, because today I had a tooth pulled out and it's still really quite sore"
"oh" ( Sam runs into kitchen)
"GRANDMA! GRANDMA, can you help me? I need you to call someone!"
My sister Julie, Sam's grandma. "Yes, who do you need me to call?"
"The dentist..QUICK!"
"Why do you need the dentist Sam?
"Oh, because somebody only went and pulled out one of auntie Helens teef and it's very sore!"

Then..." Grandma, I am so proud of you!"
"how lovely Sammy, why are you proud of me?"
"Oh because you love me"

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Hi, Helen. I still read faithfully, though my commenting has grown scarce. Keep up the good work, and really, if Ty decided to do a British special and come build you a home, what would there be left to blog about? Though I do also fantasize about the same thing. That show makes me cry every time. Keep up the good work, hope you get loads of random friends dropping by this week!

6:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OhI so enjoyed this post. Funny for some reason this morning I was thinking back to when I had 4 teeth pulled for braces. 2 at a time on one side top and bottom then the others a week or so later. I remembered being so scared and then after it was over thinking "wow that didn't hurt a bit". What I do remember though was the noise and that is what i was thinking about earlier. I bet it was when you were having your tooth pulled. How weird is that?
Anyway, I always comment so you know I think you are quite brilliant already and if I see your landlady I will make sure she meets Hurricane Lacey. Can you imagine all these years here and not a single storm named after me?

6:44 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I'm still here, reading your blog every day. I'm glad you tooth is out! The Rhubarb and Apple Cobbler sounds yummy!!!!

7:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU HELEN

8:45 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I love you too and I'm glad you got the nasty tooth pulled and are making Halloween plans.. are you collecting transatlantic goodies again? Be happy to send some!

HUGS

Julie

11:32 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm here everyday too Helen. :) Glad to see you looking on the brighter side of life today. It is hard to see sometimes.

Ah yes, I dream of Ty building me a lovely house too. I know he wouldn't for I don't even own one for him to take down to make me a new one.

11:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day, even tho I seldom comment. You are a fantastic lady, with a wonderful sense of humor! You seem to handle everything life throws at you, and you are able to always look on the bright side. I am hoping that everything (house, medical benefits, etc.) work out for you because you deserve the very best.
Paulette

1:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen!

I am saying hello as you requested. I do read (and laugh with you) every day or close to it. I have just been quiet lately (Ha! Me? Quiet? That is quite funny really...) Anyway, I love your sense of humor and hearing all about your boys.

Sara (and Maddie and Tyler)

1:57 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I did laugh at the "shit"....lol. Very nice post! Sounds like the sunshine is brightening everything up for you! Hope it continues.

1:59 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

Oh I love that show. Makes me cry, too...everytime! Haven't seen it in forever though.

Spent way too much on Halloween decorations today. Mike's gonna have a fit, but once he's able to come home and see it, he'll be very pleased.

3:27 am  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I think you're fabulous and I read your blog each and every day, often I come by more than once.
Kim

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home