Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Getting old is bloody marvellous.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what I would do without this blog, there are times when I should probably be freaking out or cringing, instead, I find myself thinking of how I will blog what is happening. Like today. My hospital appointment was at 4pm, before I went to my appointment I collected 20 bags of gravel, ( 2 trips) went grocery shopping, did 2 loads of laundry......all the usual stuff, what I didn't do was remember to wear a white bra ( as opposed to a comfy but dingy used to be white one) or shave my legs, never mind, these people see a gazillion patients every day, what do they care?
So, reading a magazine in the waiting room ( and while we're on the subject, for goodness sake, look you hospital people, I like sitting in waiting rooms reading magazines I haven't read, why do you have to be so damn fast and on time and never let me finish a single article? This is the national health, aren't you supposed to be crap or something? What's with the in and out and not waiting deal? Get with it. No wonder my blood pressure is high when I don't get a minute to read about how to satisfy my man, while losing 20lbs in 2 days, or how to make a meal for 30 people in 3 minutes for less than £3, selfish and incompetant that's what I call it. Slow down. ) I heard my name called and when I looked up, great........young man, late 20's, handsome and well built.......oh well. Off we go.
What wasn't 'oh well' was that he asked me to strip to the waist and then lie on the bed. Then, while I lay, naked from the waist up, we chit chatted about the weather and the posters on the wall. I lay there while he lifted and placed stickers upon my bosoms, and guess what? I really and honestly didn't care. Not a bit. Even when he stuck one of those stickers on my hairy leg right next to my mosquito bite scab, even then I lay there without a care in the world, wondering how I could write about that on my blog and make people laugh, especially myself.
Getting older is truly quite fabulous. 10 years ago I would have been dying a thousand deaths, but now.......well, what does it matter? What's a fat belly and a few scars to a handsome young man I will never see again?
Anyway, the results were ...... my heart is as strong as an ox's. The consultant is pretty sure that the pains aren't coming from my heart. I have to go back for a few more tests to make absolutely sure but he was certain that this isn't angina. Hoorah then, worth flashing my poor old boobs to Mr Hunksville I would say.

I am beginning to like this house, what a relief. No tenancy agreement in the mail yet, landlady said it had been mailed, she is now in Florida for 2 weeks, until that agreement is here I cannot do any change of address forms, can't arrange the money and rent, can't get bank details changed over......maddening if she didn't get it done before she went away. Nothing I can do about it though is there?
The house though, looking good.......even outside, in fact especially outside. Crunchy gravel and mallow trees in pots. Divine.
The weather is completely fabulous, sunshine from morn til e'en, I am happy and loving it. I find myself wandering over to the windows and nodding a lot, hmmmmmmm, nod nod, lovely.
Washing on the line, garden is about as tidy and lovely as it can possibly be ( clever H) when the boys are at school tomorrow we can potter and play and enjoy time to be quiet and uninterrupted. Eli is at nursery in the mornings now which means he can go to school and then come home and have his nap...4 years old and still needs that 2 hours in the afternoon, I just adore 12.30 when he comes upstairs with me and literally laughs with joy as he crawls into my bed with me.....I want to hold onto every baby thing with this boy, especially the ones that include me being in bed, during the day. Especially those ones. Definitely.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh you had me laughing hysterically.

But, if you want a wait in the waiting room, I invite you to visit my family doctor. It's nothing to wait a couple hours. You can finish a few mags in that time, if your heart desires. Can also catch a nice little nap, go out for lunch, whatever you choose, bc you have plenty of time to do it.

I wish my 4 yr old would take a nap like that..i would love it! Enjoy it!

1:08 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

The population here is so sparse compared to back home, I don't think I've waited more than 10 minutes at the doctor's yet. Very nice compared to the sometimes 3 hour waits back home as they're always always always behind!!!

I hate getting naked in front of doctors period. Last surgery I had I refused to take my undies off. They said they'd cut them off. I said I'd leave....they gave and I was covered, lol.

A nap during the day with a little one certainly does make the heart smile. :)

1:56 am  
Blogger rachel said...

Huge sigh of relief from Ohio, Helen, that it's not your heart! But what is it? What next?

Your description of the waiting room had me laughing out loud. Blogs are great to keep our minds out of the crappy moments, aren't they?

2:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of my trip to the hospital for appendicitis. had the same handsome young man doing the same thing while i felt sorry for him having to do it. oh someday sooner than you think young boy, you will have a wife with boobs like that (i can only hope).
Should i track down your landlady and give her a piece of my mind? I just know she must be close to where i am.

3:08 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm so glad your heart is strong Helen! :)

I hear you on holding onto anything baby like with Eli. I missed my boy a lot yesterday.

11:06 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'm so relieved your heart is strong and your home is liveable. I hope the sun continues to shine on you :)

4:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home