Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Finished, I will mention it no more!

She did touch it, dug it out, suctioned it, packed it with a foul smelling antibiotic paste, gave me more antibiotics and sent me on my way, without making me cry, which was a miracle because I was very close to snot crying at the thought of sitting in that chair. I am convinced I am going to be fine now ( 6 hours since painkillers and am not screaming or even staring at the drugs shelf longingly, yeay!)
Have had a nice roast chicken dinner ( that tasted of metal and vile paste stuff but was good because I have eaten nothing but soft jam sandwiches and chocolate that melts and needs no chewing .. lovely chocolate, never lets you down does it?)
Kids have been back at school for a few days, am beginning to remember why I like school. Early to bed, peace and quiet for hours at a time and also........

emails like this

Helen, can you make it for a lunch date on Friday 14th at 12.30 at the (edited to cross out name so mad internet people don't come and kill us)......(my shout)?I have also asked Julie, Jane, susan and will ask lin .(NOT my shout) ha.love Deb

Do you love that my lunch is being paid for? Splendid. School is very nice, we like it muchly.
Isaac is settling well, in fact I am sort of stunned at how well. He is talking ( has been called a chatterbox even) and seems happy enough when I leave him in the morning. As long as we get there before anyone else so it is quiet, he will find a seat, let me read with him and then allow me to leave without clutching and staring at me with tear filled eyes and heartbreaking silent sobs.
Elijah is a bit clingy, impossible to believe but we seem to have cracked that by saying " right then, Nursery for you and you absolutely must not have any fun, got it? No fun, none at all," to which he replies " Yes I will....I AM going to have fun" and then he does. Marvellous, might be stupid to be encouraging such disobedience but hey ho, go with what works is what I say at this stage.
Oh it is so lovely to be sitting here with no face pain. ~None~ Oh joy please let it last. I am perfectly giddy with exhaustion following these last few days , I am almost as relieved as you must be that it is seemingly over.
Who knows, tomorrow I might even have something to say that makes sense and doesn't mention drugs or violence even. Imagine that!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better and on the road to recovery. Am even more happy that Isaac is doing so well. Even after all the moving and groving and time off. Amazing isn't it?

8:15 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Yeah!!!! You are feeling better. I'm happy for you!

8:31 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Gotta love good drugs. :)

Lunch with the girls sounds like fun Helen. :)

4:30 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Glad you are feeling better!

And in time to enjoy a lunch date with the girls!

Glad to hear that school is going well!

4:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home