Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Had to laugh....

I just read that post from last night. Honestly, if I am like that on paracetamol ( tylenol) and ibuprofen, wouldn't you just love to go out with me and get me drunk? What the blazes was going on in my head ( apart from the buzzing and the throbbing and the overwhelming need to get out of that painful head??) I have been a woozy slug today, still throbbing and now we have that sort of cold sweating sort of please let my head fall onto something soft and take away the noise and also....stop looking at me because it hurts.
The boys had an afternoon of the kind that makes you long for some strength just so you can punch them hard to shut them the hell up.
Endless running at each other whilst screeching and yelling things like " STOP LOOKING AT ME!" ( Who complains about having people look at them? Who? Oh alright, me but that's only because my face hurts and somehow the pain has made my ears a frazillion times more sensitive and I swear the sound of H's leg hair growing is about to rupture my ear drums, 3 kids with gobs like foghorns screaming about how the other 2 are looking at them and OH MY HELL! He touched me.)
Today was a day where I was reminded about how God has a great sense of humour. I taught my class at church ( 9x 10 and 11 year old girls who I adore) and we discussed how easy it is to make a difference in this world, just by saying a small positive thing at the right time etc. I told them that I was absolutely going to work hard this week on not shouting and also, I was going to take a leaf out of H's book and be more Christlike, and patient. I would stop and think and.......



"IF YOU DON'T STOP THIS INSANE SHOUTING AND RUNNING AND SCREAMING I SWEAR ON ALL I HAVE THAT I WILL FIND THE ENERGY FROM SOMEWHERE GET UP AND ...NO! NO! GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW AND GET YOUR ARSE ON THAT CHAIR AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH, DON'T YOU DARE ....I SAID DON'T.....HEY, JUST TRY IT, PUT THAT DOWN AND DO NOT DARE THROW IT!!! Dear Lord give me patience but can you make it quick?!!! "

I can so see the Lord and all His angels, busting a gut over me, standing on a cloud saying " Oh....oh can you believe it? She lasted less than 35 minutes, I knew she wouldn't do it, she is such a hoot, I love it when she says she is going to be patient, all we have to do it make those boys just a tiny bit more wild than normal and she loses it! What a laugh she is"
Tomorrow I will call the dentist and get some meds that will kick this into touch, I think my antibiotics pilfered from the cupboard have taken the edge off but maybe they aren't the right ones to really knock it dead. I want it gone and better once and for all. Please.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I think it does take a certain kind of antibiotic to kill an infection in your mouth. I had an infected tooth one time and they gave me something I had never had before or since.

I hope it feels better soon Helen. It truly sounds awful. :(

10:28 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

My daughter is awful with that 'he's looking at me' or 'stop looking at me', both of which are usually said at the top of her lungs. Gets old fast.

Feel better soon!

1:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate "he's looking at me also". do yours fight in the tub and then whine if you make them come out? with pain, I must have silence. why are they always noisier if i have a migraine? ugh! so sorry to hear about your infection. the dentist makes me break out in a cold sweat if i even thing of going.

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home