Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Head, shoulders knees and toes.

OK, so I need to learn ( and quickly) to chill the hell out, or take up drinking or something.
No kids here today ( apart from our own of course) because I had to get myself to the hospital. I am falling apart at the seems and it is neither pretty or comfortable.
A picture paints a thousand words...I've got 5 for you, wanna see?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My right foot.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My left hand.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My swollen and splitting ankle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My ear that had just begun to swell and itch. 20 minutes later, whole neck, back of head.....horrible.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
right hand, which actually doesn't look anything as bad as it was.
I say was because big old steroid dose, new anti histamine, super strength steroid cream, prayers and sleep, things look a bit better. I feel like , well pretty much how I look. It spread down my back, my thigh and random patches on my arms and shoulders that came up, went down, came up again.
I am beginning to sting and hurt again but I can take some more meds soon.
The cause of this? Who the hell knows? Either stress ( you reckon?) or a reaction to the anti biotics. I am to say very loudly from now on that I am allergic to penicillin, even if that isn't the case, a reaction like this while taking penicillin could spell disaster next time if that is the cause.
Chatting to a friend in Asda car park later, when I was in a good spell and the swelling was merely gross as opposed to oh dear life what the hell happened, I was telling her about the latest house nightmare and as I began to tell her about the floor beginning to cave in and the ceiling bulging my neck and ear began to burn and swell again, so my guess would be the worry is causing the whole thing as much as anything else.
Sophie is here, I called her and she was just arriving in the station, I told her to meet me at Asda and we would go and get a chinese meal. When she met me just as I finished shopping I sent her back into Asda to buy a lottery ticket. Let me tell you that entering the lottery and buying tickets ie. gambling is a no-no in our church, not up there with adultery or smoking crack but really, we are advised not to do it, greed and something for nothing and gambling addictions and all that sensible stuff.
I was smart and thought if I would send Sophie in, SHE could be sent to hell instead of me ( clever!!) or, actually, no-one would go to hell but also, no one from church who could be buying their toilet paper or vodka, I mean milk, would see me. Ha! Am so smart, can get Lotto ticket , probably win because surely....sods law and all that LET ME WIN IT! Will repent and be generous and do good things with winnings, also will buy a house without crumbling walls and falling in floors. One that has a nameplate on it saying "Izarz" or
"dunroamin'' perhaps even " this is my house and I am never moving again, ever and look, the ceilings are staying UP and everything"
Anyway, I sat and waited for my girl to come out with my winning ticket and saw lovely lady from church, with some of her children with her, one of which is in my class, you know the one I teach about being obedient and living the gospel and choosing the right etc. And a little boy who is divine and a boy. Chat chat, scratch, chat, whine.......lovely time and before I knew it some time must have passed because LOOK Sophie! Here she is and in her hand, my ticket ( to hell maybe) HOLDING IT RIGHT OUT AND THRUST IT IN MY FACE. Serves me right.
Arses.
Isn't it always the way? When will I learn, that for me, trying to do anything I know isn't right isn't worth doing. I never get away with a damn thing, not even a little thing like buying a lottery ticket, I don't even want to imagine if I decided to go right off the rails and do something really wicked. Makes me itch just thinking of it. I hope I win so this cringing, self slapping feeling is worth it. Life isn't terribly fair is it? My whole life is just a bloody joke, ha de ha.

Am I going mad? I wonder why, when I hit post I get "Blog anzeigen ( in einem neuen Fenster)" I mean to say, I did get a german O level and all but why? WHY?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Ooooohhh that is awful Helen! My H gets a rash like that from penicillin. She never swelled up, but she was rosey from head to toe.

Yay for meds! I'm glad they are working for you!

10:47 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh my! That looks so painful! I definitely would avoid the penicillin as well. Glad you were able to get some meds to help with that. I can only imagine how miserable you must feel!

And, hopefully Sophie got you the winning ticket!!!! =)

6:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home